*** PN-G 55 VIDOR 21***

PNGMOM

????  

1 member has voted

1. 1. ????

• vgfhfgh
    • fghfgh

Wow, 4 girls fouling out.  That is weird.  If they didn't have a game this week, why didn't the coach bring up a few JV players just in case something like that happened? 

The JV is very young and inexperienced they also only had 8 players... Vidors basketball program is very small..on top of the the refs were calling EVERYTHING

Vidor showed alot of heart out there last night. As a fan/mom i was embarassed for our team, oressing Vidor till the end even when they only had 3 players to finish the game and we were up 30...i just didnt get it

I hope this isn't true.

Don't know all of the details behind this, but from the outside looking in this is about as Classless as it comes.

Just remember, that is a coach's decision. Don't blame the girls. Personally, I have never been impressed with PNG's coach. I've watched them play games the past 2 years and have left the gym shaking my head numerous times. I'm not sure if she is a true basketball coach.

Coach Arbuckle wasn't very happy about the press late in the game either.

My daughter played softball last year for Arbuckle....she is a good coach doesn't put up

with shanagins from the girls, if you talk in practice you will run the whole practice, etc.

I can only imagine her screaming her lungs out at that game!  She does speak her mind.

You know, my daughter plays on the PNG varsity basketball team and plays her heart out - whether they are beating the tails off their opponent, or getting thier tails handed to them...and, yes, central handed us our tails!  I don't understnd the bashing that goes on against us all the time, either on here or on the court/field.  Those girls play hard and do what their coach tells them to. Sometimes the parents walk out of the gym trying to figure out what the coach is doing, but THAT'S HER JOB not mine to coach those girls!  We have seen some pretty classless acts against us also, but you don't see that put on the message board.  Believe me, our girls walked off the court last Friday night talking about how dumb that game was because of all the fouls called.  It went both ways, though.  One of the PNG girls got fouled out too!  And the Vidor coach, I think, did her best with what she had to work with.  I think the girls on both teams played hard, but PNG outplayed Vidor.  PNG has a team that is pretty good this year.  Are we going to playoffs?  Not hardly, but we can be a spoiler team.  Please stop talking so badly about these girls.  They are, after all, nice people off the court.

You know, my daughter plays on the PNG varsity basketball team and plays her heart out - whether they are beating the tails off their opponent, or getting thier tails handed to them...and, yes, central handed us our tails!  I don't understnd the bashing that goes on against us all the time, either on here or on the court/field.  Those girls play hard and do what their coach tells them to. Sometimes the parents walk out of the gym trying to figure out what the coach is doing, but THAT'S HER JOB not mine to coach those girls!  We have seen some pretty classless acts against us also, but you don't see that put on the message board.  Believe me, our girls walked off the court last Friday night talking about how dumb that game was because of all the fouls called.  It went both ways, though.  One of the PNG girls got fouled out too!  And the Vidor coach, I think, did her best with what she had to work with.  I think the girls on both teams played hard, but PNG outplayed Vidor.  PNG has a team that is pretty good this year.  Are we going to playoffs?  Not hardly, but we can be a spoiler team.  Please stop talking so badly about these girls.  They are, after all, nice people off the court.

No one said anything about the kids, it was the coach that got everyone talking.  Also that is sad, your coach pressed a team that had 3 girls on the court. Just adding insult to injury.  I feel bad for the PNG girls, because when other coaches hear about what she did they will show no mercy and rightfully so.

No one said anything about the kids, it was the coach that got everyone talking.  Also that is sad, your coach pressed a team that had 3 girls on the court. Just adding insult to injury.  I feel bad for the PNG girls, because when other coaches hear about what she did they will show no mercy and rightfully so.

In NO WAY was my earlier post directed toward any of the girls on the PNG squad.  The girls are just following direction from their coach no matter how misguided those instructions might be.

I'm not sure what value or lesson the "coach" was trying to instill in her players, but if someone can enlighten me please do.

I think I was very clear when I said "Dont Blame The Girls". It is the coach that is in question here. And by the way, my neice plays for PNG and I know she is a good kid. I don't understand where you are coming from. Did we all miss something?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics