***Lamar vs. Texas Tech/TT WINS 79-77/Comments***

Guest abovetherim

Tech didn't look bad, LU has improved. Tech beat 14th ranked Gonzaga and lost by 1 to 25th ranked Stanford.

Roc has turned this team ar\ound.

I love the way you think UNLV. Funny, I bet there are a few SHSU fans bragging how they beat Texas Tech in Huntsville by two points yet they will dismiss our effort at Tech. If we played last nights game in Beaumont, I feel we would have won. Plus, in a way we didn't lose by two points. You could make a case that we lost by six inches. McThay shot travels six more inches instead of hitting the front of the rim, he would have scored.

Then, one day they will make a claim about a W is a W then turn around and brag about beating the Cardinals by thirty last year and then act like our 1 point victory in the SLC tournament wasn't just as much a win.

Hard to debate with people like that. They remind me of Bill Clinton!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tech didn't look bad, LU has improved. Tech beat 14th ranked Gonzaga and lost by 1 to 25th ranked Stanford.

Roc has turned this team ar\ound.

oKAY, I' missing something here. By their own admission, Tech played sloppy and allowed Lamar to stay in the game. LU has not improved enough to make a dent in conference play. Maybe it's taking time for the new players to mesh in with their new team..................

oKAY, I' missing something here. By their own admission, Tech played sloppy and allowed Lamar to stay in the game. LU has not improved enough to make a dent in conference play. Maybe it's taking time for the new players to mesh in with their new team..................

I watched the whole game.  Both teams started out a little sloppy but Lamar was playing VERY tough defense the first 8 minutes or so.  After that I did not think that Tech played sloppy at all.  They shot the ball extremely well and played pretty solid defense.  They had a stretch after they got up by 11 where they didn't play particularly well and let Lamar tie the game up.  However, a lot of that had to do with Lamar forcing the action defensively and forcing Tech into turnovers or poor shots.  Tech's main weakness was no interior offensive player.  Other than that they seemed to have a pretty good team.  Zeno is VERY good and that freshman guard is a GREAT shooter.  Voskuil is also a very good shooter and in the 2nd half they played some 7 footer a lot more to shut down our interior game.  From what I saw, our biggest weakness was poor decisions.  McThay took a couple of 28 footers, Sanders took one 3, and Nwevo shot a couple of times from 15'.  Also, we made a couple of really dumb passes that were obvious turnovers the very minute they were thrown.  On the plus side, it looked like LU was playing very hard most of the game.  Also, if our guys will just play to their strengths and know what their weaknesses are that would be a tremendous help.  For example, Nwevo can't shoot from 15' so why is he doing that?  Ditto for Lamar Sanders shooting 3 pointers.  Also, if Barrow gets set before the ball is passed to him the 3 pointer is money.  If he moves around or tries to shoot it off the dribble he usually won't make it. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami