Best All-Around player in 21-3A?

Guest Orangeboy

Guest Orangeboy

In your opinion, who is the best All-Around player in 21-3A?

This is my list.

1. Taylor Hart - Jasper

2. Matt Hicks - Bridge City

3. Kevin McDonald - Silsbee

I have watched Matt Hicks play since he was 9 yrs old!!  I have got to say he is the best I have seen !!!   His kind hearted and go getter attitude makes him that more respectable!!!  Go Matty!!!!

;D

wat about dejohn do think hicks all round is better than dejohn

Im a huge Hicks fan and most people know that. He could end up being on the Dishon level. Dishon was one of the most complete players I have ever covered. Hicks is the best in the district in my opinion and I see a ton of baseball every year. He is not Dishon just yet but he could very well end up there when it is all said and done.

I like the Statum pick too. He is a great player and a class act as well.

Im a huge Hicks fan and most people know that. He could end up being on the Dishon level. Dishon was one of the most complete players I have ever covered. Hicks is the best in the district in my opinion and I see a ton of baseball every year. He is not Dishon just yet but he could very well end up there when it is all said and done.

I like the Statum pick too. He is a great player and a class act as well.

First, I agree about Dishon.  He was the complete package...speed, power, defense, arm, etc.  Just superb.  The Hicks kid is a very good player but, at this age, Dishon was already 'special'...and special beyond HS ball.  I think there are other kids that are as good, if not better, in this district.  The Hart kid is very good and I agree that Statum could be a special player.  By the time the smoke clear,s he might be the one everyone talks about in this district. 

To answer the thread:  Hart, Statum, McDonald and Hicks (in no particular order).  I also like the Felts kid at OF and am a huge fan of Robertson (BC).

w/ out question the correct answere is matt hicks, if you've seen him play its hard to disagree, can hit for avg and power, near flawless mechanics in the field and has a gun to go w/ it, and on the mound he is flat out awesome and fields the position better than most.  the only thing he really lacks is speed, but all the guys in his grade have told me that before his accident he was the fastest in the grade...people forget that he had a life threatening accident when he was 12 and lives with the effects every day.

and the comparisons between dishon and hicks are hard to agree on because they have different styles, you'd never see matt hicks in center , and you'd never see dishon in the middle infield.  but offensively at the same age now dishon hit more for power and stole more bases (more than anyone in the area) but hicks seems to hit more for avg.

w/ out question the correct answere is matt hicks, if you've seen him play its hard to disagree, can hit for avg and power, near flawless mechanics in the field and has a gun to go w/ it, and on the mound he is flat out awesome and fields the position better than most.  the only thing he really lacks is speed, but all the guys in his grade have told me that before his accident he was the fastest in the grade...people forget that he had a life threatening accident when he was 12 and lives with the effects every day.

and the comparisons between dishon and hicks are hard to agree on because they have different styles, you'd never see matt hicks in center , and you'd never see dishon in the middle infield.  but offensively at the same age now dishon hit more for power and stole more bases (more than anyone in the area) but hicks seems to hit more for avg.

Hicks is really good dont get me wrong and yes you have made the best point on this i can see great things for hicks in the future but do really think that he can lead and take over this team the way dishon did and im not saying he cant but dishon was just amazing i mean he got a four year ride to LSU and i think proves a good point on this can hicks do that can he play up to that level that dishon did in high school watching him last year i would say yeah he could but you know some ballplayers come and go do you think this is going to be the case with hicks and yes robertson is really good too

Guest bballdude

I think that parsons kid from jasper is a pretty good all around player. but hicks is also a great player. it was hard to believe he was a freshmen last year.

First, I agree about Dishon.  He was the complete package...speed, power, defense, arm, etc.  Just superb.  The Hicks kid is a very good player but, at this age, Dishon was already 'special'...and special beyond HS ball.  I think there are other kids that are as good, if not better, in this district.  The Hart kid is very good and I agree that Statum could be a special player.  By the time the smoke clear,s he might be the one everyone talks about in this district. 

To answer the thread:  Hart, Statum, McDonald and Hicks (in no particular order).  I also like the Felts kid at OF and am a huge fan of Robertson (BC).

You don't see many Dishons every year in high school baseball..What, maybe 5-6 in the state each year ? Dishon was/is one of them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder