Looks Like Thomas Made a Commitment/THOMAS COMMITS TO AZ!

uknowit2

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/sports/72676.php

Cats' latest recruit 'real deal'

JOHN MOREDICH

Tucson Citizen

College coaches called the East Chambers High football offices all year, asking for a highlight tape of Tramain Thomas, the University of Arizona's newest committed player.

The reply was always the same.

"I just told them to watch every game we played. He was a highlight. He is really special," East Chambers football coach Tony Valastro said Thursday.

Thomas, the southern Texas defensive player of the year, operated as a combo quarterback, safety and punt returner. He said he called UA offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh on Christmas Day to tell the Wildcats he wanted to play for them during the 2008 season.

"I knew after visiting that I really liked it there and wanted to play there," Thomas said.

The Wildcats are likely to give the Winnie, Texas, star his first look as either a receiver or safety.

"Thomas is one of the best athletes I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of good ones in our area over the years," Deweyville coach Dwight Bickham told The Orange Leader newspaper. "He's so hard to contain. You may think you have him bottled up, and all of a sudden he goes 80 (yards) on you."

"He can play about anywhere," Valastro said. "He has such great instincts. And he is a fantastic basketball player as well. He knows what he's going to do before anybody else can even figure it out, and he takes that type of play onto the football field as well.

"We play at a small school, but he could play for anybody, trust me. He is the real deal."

Thomas rushed for 1,352 yards and 30 touchdowns as a senior while passing for 863 yards and five scores. He had 50 rushing TDs and 25 TD passes during his high school career, according to his coach.

The 6-foot-1, 175-pound prospect also had 61 tackles as a junior. He picked off 11 passes this season, returning three for touchdowns.

Thomas said he had narrowed his choices to Iowa State and Texas Tech before committing to the Wildcats. Nothing is binding until letters of intents are signed in February.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/sports/72676.php

Cats' latest recruit 'real deal'

JOHN MOREDICH

Tucson Citizen

College coaches called the East Chambers High football offices all year, asking for a highlight tape of Tramain Thomas, the University of Arizona's newest committed player.

The reply was always the same.

"I just told them to watch every game we played. He was a highlight. He is really special," East Chambers football coach Tony Valastro said Thursday.

Thomas, the southern Texas defensive player of the year, operated as a combo quarterback, safety and punt returner. He said he called UA offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh on Christmas Day to tell the Wildcats he wanted to play for them during the 2008 season.

"I knew after visiting that I really liked it there and wanted to play there," Thomas said.

The Wildcats are likely to give the Winnie, Texas, star his first look as either a receiver or safety.

"Thomas is one of the best athletes I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of good ones in our area over the years," Deweyville coach Dwight Bickham told The Orange Leader newspaper. "He's so hard to contain. You may think you have him bottled up, and all of a sudden he goes 80 (yards) on you."

"He can play about anywhere," Valastro said. "He has such great instincts. And he is a fantastic basketball player as well. He knows what he's going to do before anybody else can even figure it out, and he takes that type of play onto the football field as well.

"We play at a small school, but he could play for anybody, trust me. He is the real deal."

Thomas rushed for 1,352 yards and 30 touchdowns as a senior while passing for 863 yards and five scores. He had 50 rushing TDs and 25 TD passes during his high school career, according to his coach.

The 6-foot-1, 175-pound prospect also had 61 tackles as a junior. He picked off 11 passes this season, returning three for touchdowns.

Thomas said he had narrowed his choices to Iowa State and Texas Tech before committing to the Wildcats. Nothing is binding until letters of intents are signed in February.

Is this the same coach Tony V that coached at Dayton several years back?

Guest BIG HOUSE

Congrats T.Thomas from L_TOWN.........

If you are reading this post I just want to say that I really enjoyed watching you play from your early years(9) until now.I always told your dad that you would end up at a major college(I just thought it would be in basketball)...Congrats again

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder