5A Kingwood 54 2A Kountze 50 OT

KFDM COOP

in this day and age, it does surprise me a bit that a 2A school was able to give a 5A school fits (not a knock on Kountze).  It is just that a 5A school has a larger talent pool to pick a varsity team than a 2A school does.

That being said, I congratulate Kountze on what was obviously a well-played game against a much larger opponent.  I had the opportunity to watch the Ktz girls against Hardin the other night and they looked very, very good.  They have a nice combination of outside shooting with a complementary inside presence.  Too bad K. Johnson got hurt early in the game; I would have liked to have seen what she could do.  The Deaver girl really hustles a lot.  I can't remember her name but #11 was really on that night with 25 points and the other outside shooter (#24 I think) had some nice threes.  I can see this team doing really well in district and playoffs.

I know who Deaver is..it was #11's name I couldn't remember.  She is a guard.  BTW, I forgot to write in my earlier post...the Ktz coach is a bit intense (Knight style...lol) but there is no doubt that the guy can coach.  That team I saw that night was a very good well oiled machine.  I wasn't happy about the 30 pt deficit, but the ball was definitely dropping for Kountze so props to them.

I know who Deaver is..it was #11's name I couldn't remember.  She is a guard.  BTW, I forgot to write in my earlier post...the Ktz coach is a bit intense (Knight style...lol) but there is no doubt that the guy can coach.  That team I saw that night was a very good well oiled machine.  I wasn't happy about the 30 pt deficit, but the ball was definitely dropping for Kountze so props to them.

the KTZ coach has his own style of intensity.. and he is NUTS. lol. but he is a good coach

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476