Who has been closest to a State Title in this area in the last ten years ?

Bigdog

So who has actually been the closest to a ST in the last ten years without winning?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. So who has actually been the closest to a ST in the last ten years without winning?

• PNG
    • WOS
    • Nederland
    • Dayton
    • Jasper
    • Bridge City

We have seen how hard it is to make it all the way. Dayton found out last night.

So who has actually been the closest to winning a state title but didn't win it?

My vote is for PNG versus Stephenville.

Newton is not in poll because they have won one recently.

I'd have to say Jasper, because they had the lead over Gilmer in the 4th quarter in the state finals and only ended up losing by 2 points.  47-49  I'd say that was a lot closer than PN-G got.

WO-S outscored Ennis 24-7 in the 2nd half of the 2000 finals....  but it was the first time WOS had ever faced a true Spread Offense and they caught us by surprise. Ennis unfortunately took a 31-0 lead in to the lockerroom at the half that was too much of a deficit to overcome.

holy smokes i forgot about newton....and the close game by jasper...i remember checking the updates on 3adownlow for that game and being amazed at how back and forth it was.....whatever happened to gilbert moye?? i know he went to diboll but no college??

heard he was in Missouri

I'd have to say Jasper, because they had the lead over Gilmer in the 4th quarter in the state finals and only ended up losing by 2 points.  47-49  I'd say that was a lot closer than PN-G got.

WO-S outscored Ennis 24-7 in the 2nd half of the 2000 finals....  but it was the first time WOS had ever faced a true Spread Offense and they caught us by surprise. Ennis unfortunately took a 31-0 lead in to the lockerroom at the half that was too much of a deficit to overcome.

I don't remember Jasper ever leading in this game.  There was so much scoring they might have squeezed ahead at one point.

I don't remember Jasper ever leading in this game.  There was so much scoring they might have squeezed ahead at one point.

Yeah...  you're right.  Jasper came within 1 point in the 4th Quarter when it was 41-42, and they missed the kick to tie it up.

Gilmer 14---14---14---7 = 49

Jasper 0----14---21---12 = 47

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124