dream district

jtlcm84

who would win this district? make playoffs?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. who would win this district? make playoffs?

• West orange stark(w/Earl thomas & beasley)
    • dayton
    • lumberton
    • south lake carroll
    • odessa permian
    • katy
    • east chambers (w/ tremain)
    • euless trinity
    • lamarque
    • la vega
    • china spring
    • giddings

Ok this is kinda silly.

1st WOS is a great local 3A team that has proven that it can play with larger schools by beating a very good Dayton team and East Chambers while a good 2A team barely made the playoffs this year and had to win their last game to get in and then lost the 1st round.  Dayton this year might be the best able to take on the top 3 but really - Katy, Odessa Permian and South Lake Carroll are all large school traditional powers that go deep in the playoffs every year.  Sorry while I would like to say the local team could hang - the 3 (Katy, Odessa and South Lake) would dominate these teams.

This isn't the '80s anymore, Permian is no longer the best high school team in their own town.  I played with 2 guys from Southlake in College and they've got a powerhouse.  Size, speed, coaching, athleticism.  There's a reason they go to state every year.  Katy is not far behind.  I heard somewhere that Southlake actually has 9 former players in the NFL.  I know that Kris Brown went there but I have no idea who the others are.  I'm sure someone, somewhere on this site could actually compile a list of Texas High Schools with the largest number of players in the NFL.  That might be something to look at or may even need to be another topic.

This is a very strange "dream district" like oldtimer said.  2A teams to 5A teams.  Don't get me wrong, I think teams like Newton or Tatum would be a tough win for many 4As and some 5As this year.  Even as outstanding as Lumberton was this year, I wouldn't bet on the home team winning 1 in 10 against Trinity, Katy or the likes.

What I really want to know is who made the vote counter.  Before I voted, I added the individual team votes and (I think) it came to 28 but the total number of votes said 16.  Whoever set it up may want to offer their "special" services to one of the Presidential candidates. ;)

I think Coach Ditka by himself, would win out of this district by a field goal.  

Excerpts from Saturday Night Live with Mike Myers (Bob), Chris Farley (Todd) and Michael Jordan as himself

Carl: Yeah well Michael uh, what about the Olympics. You’re representing our country. Isn’t there a concern that these games are a little lop sided?

Bob: Yeah, why don’t you just play these countries by yourself?

Todd: Yeah that’s a good idea.

Michael: I don’t think they would let me do that, guys.

Carl: What if you could have two players? Say you, and a certain coach Ditka.

Pat: That’s already unfair again.

Todd: Yeah that’s no contest.

Bob: If I may shift gears for a moment gentleman, coach Ditka vs. The Hurricane, who would win?

Todd, Pat, Carl: Ditka, Ditka!!

Bob: Hold on, Hold on, Hold on. The name of the Hurricane is Hurricane Ditka.

(Todd begins to pound chest)…..Is everything ok?

Todd: No problem, just having a heart attack. (Pounds Chest)……..Almost over! Done. Done.

Bob: Very good. Very nice recovery, now how many heart attacks is that for you Todd?

Todd: That make’s a baker’s dozen for me.

Carl: Yeah, I’ve only had six.

Bob: Well that’s something to shoot for Carl.

Hey HORNS4 – Hate to disappoint you but if Hardin had beaten East Chambers they would not have made the playoffs.

East Chambers – Lost only to Kountze

Buna – Lost only to East Chambers

Hardin – Lost to Buna and East Chambers

Kountze – Lost to Buna and Hardin

Had Hardin beaten EC then the records would have been:

Hardin: 5 – 1

Buna: 5 – 1

Kountze: 4 – 2

East Chambers: 4 – 2

By the fact that Kountze beat East Chambers they would make the playoffs by winning the head to head game.  Had EC not won their last game they would have been home for the playoffs – with a 8 – 2 Record.

hey OldTimer EC didnt barely make the playoffs they were the district champs they had to win their last game to clinch the district title

no they had to win their last game to make the playoffs it just so happened that it also gave them the district title... had they lost that game they would have gone into a 3rd place tie with Kountze who had the head to head win against EC, thereby knocking EC out of the playoffs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder