**Lamar vs. BYU/BYU Wins 88-66/Comments**

KFDM COOP

Guest coachacola

In the words of Clubber Lang in Rocky III " Prediction..... Painnnnn." This will be ugly.

BYU 89

Lamar 56

I didn't miss it by much. 88-66

You missed Lamar's score by 10 points you dufus, that's not close.

Guest abovetherim

Come on guys, I know one of you is a Lamar alumnus and the other has a spouse who attended LU. We got our rear kick whether it was twenty or thirty. That is why I deleted an earlier post. Lets not be "harsh" with one another. But, I'm sick and tired of losing!!!!!

I'm just going to keep supporting the team and coaching staff. What else can I do? I like Roc. I like the players. So I'm not going to point fingers. However, we must improve our shooting, defense and TO's. I don't know the answers, I just see the problems.

Hope they improve by conference!

Guest coachacola

Well, it's closer than 20. ;D

Dufus?? Why so harsh?

Sorry AggiesAreWe, I got you confused with another poster with a similar handle who likes to put down Lamar after each loss.

Sorry AggiesAreWe, I got you confused with another poster with a similar handle who likes to put down Lamar after each loss.

No problem coach. I know who you are talking about, mcgee. He kind of gives us Aggies a bad name.

Yes, abtr is right, I am an Aggie but my better half is a Lamar alum, she was the head twirler her senior year back when they had football. I am not the only one in my household that wants football back. If it was up to my wife, she would sell our house to donate to Lamar getting football back.

Back to Lamar basketball, the good thing( if there is such thing) is that it's still early enough for these guys to improve. I'm anxious to see how they do in conference.

Guest coachacola

Lookin back at everyone's predictions, Scalp'em came the closest with his guess of 88-62.  He nailed BYU's score and missed LU's by 4.  JMay was also close with a 81-62 prediction, DP#1fan predicted BYU by 20, Abovetherim had BYU by 15-20 points. 

Guest coachacola

Defense is going to step up big if Lamar is going to compete with anybody. Defense is played with heart and your feet. A coach can coach feet but not heart. Lamar could have a very good team if everybody on the team will buy into it.

That's why Sam Houston is 8-0 and Lamar is 3-6.  Sam Houston's offense isn't much better than Lamar's but they have a very good defense.  They don't have a big team either, they're about the same size as Lamar.  UTA, which is also 8-0, is a real good defensive team.  Last year Lamar wasn't very good defensively, this year it's worse.  Is it the type of players Roc recruits or they way he coaches?

That's why Sam Houston is 8-0 and Lamar is 3-6.  Sam Houston's offense isn't much better than Lamar's but they have a very good defense.  They don't have a big team either, they're about the same size as Lamar.  UTA, which is also 8-0, is a real good defensive team.  Last year Lamar wasn't very good defensively, this year it's worse.  Is it the type of players Roc recruits or they way he coaches?

The players have to buy into the system of believing in themselves. It's a lot easier to work on physical skills than mental skills. I would bet that the team has no true leader who has stepped to the forefront and accpeted the challenge for the leadership role on the team. Right now, they know they can beat the small NAIA  schools, but a victory over Rice will gratly help their confidence.

I could not stand coach Deane but that's when we quit playing defense.  Deane got his kids to play defense but that's all he could coach.  His on court approach was despicable (hollering at the kids, yanking them every time they mad a mistake...and he couldn't coach offense at all).

Naturally, I've always been a Tubbs fan but his teams would not play defense during his second stint here.  And coach Roc's teams don't play defense.  I don't mean to put anyone down but the fact is Marlin is 10 times the coach that Roc is.  Defense is all about the coaching.  Almost any kid can play defense if the coach has the right schemes and if the coach makes defense a priority.

We won't do squat until we hire a coach that has proven he can coach and win.  Marlin, McConathy, and Kaspar can all get their kids to play defense and play well together as a team.  We just haven't had the caliber of coaches they have.  Our only hope is to either hire one of those guys or hope that someone hires all 3 of them out of the conference.

We'll Lamar kept it within 30 but this team is not playing well. You don't have to have tremendous talent to play defense. For that matter you don't have to be a great athlete to protect the ball.

If LU doesn't improve these three phrases of the game, defense, TO's, shooting. It's going to be a long season for our Red Birds.

I couldn't agree more!!!!  This has been a problem with all of our teams for the last 20+ years.  And I don't necessarily mean just one of the phases.  We've consistently had teams that could not play defense, could not shoot, AND turned the ball over way too many times.  I think this has some things to do with the players but it's mainly coaching!  We need to get a guy in here that knows how to coach!!!!!

And I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'VE BEEN PATIENT FOR 20+ YEARS (SINCE PAT FOSTER LEFT).  I HAVE NO MORE PATIENCE.  I'M GOING TO BE DEAD BEFORE WE GET A GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM AGAIN.  I MISS THE DAYS WHEN WE HAD GOOD BASKETBALL AND WHEN WE COULD AND WOULD COMPETE AGAINST AND BEAT SOME OF THE TOP SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTRY.  WHAT HAS HAPPENED???  WHEN WILL THE BLEEDING END????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami