24-2A thoughts..predictions?

bobcatfan

I disagree w/ steelerczy, I was also @ these games and pushing Warren's player in the back in mid-air is just not right.

And to the Spurger game.  I have it on tape and reviewed it today after reading the previous post. D-ville's # 13 put a shoulder in Spurger's #1 back and then what looks to be a trip, & then as #1 tried to get up #13 got up all in his face, w/ his chest out, and #1 returned w/ the same reaction.  Ref's called double foul.  D-ville's coach didn't even take him out. And by the way Spurger's did.  The next foul by #13 within a minute of this incident.  The Ref's looked to be warning them while lined up for Spurger's freethrows.  And #13 kept laughing @ the refs.   

Then when #1 came back in the game in the 4th quarter, when their was about less than a minute left in the game.  D-ville's #5 came about mid-court, dropped his shoulder, and plowed into #1 in the chest. 

SteelerCzy you may need to review this game, since you obviously turned your head a time or two.

DP#1Fan, I totally agree with you.  Bland seems to be a good kid, as well as a bball player.  And Deweyville is for sure going to need him to be successful this season :)

DHSpirate, I hope your right & he is able to come back healthy & 100% :)

Disagree all you want, basketball is played with contact, a shoulder here an elbow there happens, it's not powder puff bball, get over the contact things that happen in just about every game, #2's foul in Warren was called and there was no place for that type of foul, but to bring up the petty B.S. that occurs in most every game in High School today sounds like sour grapes.  Get over it and move on........................

Disagree all you want, basketball is played with contact, a shoulder here an elbow there happens, it's not powder puff bball, get over the contact things that happen in just about every game, #2's foul in Warren was called and there was no place for that type of foul, but to bring up the petty B.S. that occurs in most every game in High School today sounds like sour grapes.  Get over it and move on........................

I was at the deweyville tourney and the warren game also.The foul in warren was called by the refs but go to the spurger game it was a different story. 10 ticks left in the game and the young man with the ball took off down court.When he was about 6 or 8 feet away from spurgers #1 he droped the ball,ducked his head and tried to run over #1 hitting him in the chest with his head.And if you(steelerczy)think this is just part of the game then it sounds like you might alot of the problem over there.If thats petty B.S then so be it. ;D ;D ;D ;D

This thread is not about fouls its about who you think is going to win the district. Yes #5 knew what he did was wrong so after the game he told the coach to sit himself out for the 1st quarter of the next game. And at the Warren game it was a push in the back and he realized it was a mistake afterwards and knew he should of went for the ball more, but it was a hard foul and it was called correctly. I think both of those fouls was out of frustration and will not happen again, becuz they got their attitudes right. so goodluck to everyone in the district this year.

I think this District is gonna go down to the last week to determine the champion. Now that Kountze has lost, maybe everyone will not think they are unbeatable, and may be gunning for them? I think either of four teams could walk away district champs, Hardin, Kountze, Deweyville or East Chambers. Warren has a real shot at making the top three if they stay healthy. As far as that goes any of these teams depend on that one player to give them an extra edge. My prediction if Deweyville gets Bland back, and everyone else's top gun stays healthy is

1. Hardin

2. East Chambers

3. Three way tie for third Deweyville, Kountze, and Warren

To comment on the fouling issue. Hard fouls are necessary at times, but the rule of thumb is to ALWAYS go for the ball, it is nuetral and can be challenged for at any time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124