*Liberty 54 Warren 47 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

Liberty 10  23  34  54

Warren 10  22  29  47

Sims-14,McBee-11

Sims went to the bench with 6:31 left in the 2nd qtr with his 3rd foul and they never got in any offensive flow.Can't get a handle on this club they can be really good one night and not show up the next.We better start playing with a little urgency and a little consistancy or we're gonna be in trouble.

congrats liberty! sounds like it was a good game

It was a close game, you just felt like Warren was going to pull it out but Liberty hit their free shots at the end.  It was a very brutal game. 

I guess the game has changed from my day,  these teams that have the intense press just don't get called for all the contact in the back court.  Very little what I would consider good defense, they are playing defense by maintaining contact rather than foot speed.  Hand checking, slapping at the ball and reaching in seem to be the norm.  To me this cheapens the game. 

I agree 100% warfan!!! For the most part, in games that I have seen recently, a team that has a good press is forgiven bumps, pushes, slaps, and especially hand checks. To be real clear,allowing hand checking is allowing a constant pushing foul.  I saw a crew at the Evadale Tournament, that absolutely supported the rule, blew the whistle on every check on both teams press, and I really admired them. 

I also agree about the bodies and hand checking, its just lazy.  Allowing this sloppy defense allows the game to get out of control also.  I don't mind if a defender has a hand on the dribbler, if hes not gaining an unfair advantage, but if the dribbler is making a move to the goal or just bringing the ball up the court, get the hands and the bodies off of em.  Clean it up!

Watching a game in Hardin the other night, the opposing team would literally push Hardins ball handler where they wanted them with their body, meanwhile holding both hands in the air as if he was doing nothing wrong.  And evidently, he wasn't doing anything wrong, it NEVER got called. Sloppy D, and lazy, refs need to clean that stuff up early in a game. IMO

I haven't seen liberty play at all this year. Can someone who was at this game give me a heads up on what they have. I know they had a really good freshman group that is moving through the ranks. But overall as a team what are they looking like?

They have a great group of refs!

No, serously,  The had some big folks camped in the paint that will hurt you if allowed (and they were),  they have some very, very quick guards that play a pressure defense and drive to score.  Shooting didn't impresse me, poor skills, not real disciplined. Some of the guards may have been freshman, they were small.

The sad thing about the hand check is that they have even quit calling it at the younger level and the kids learn nothing. When I was in school JH officials usually made all the tight calls and then explained them to the kids so they could actually learn the game. Not anymore. Now they are just there to make a buck like everyone else in this world. Where have all the real officials gone?

I don't know what warfan is talking about small guards but he must have been watchung the freshman play...... and liberty's guards can shoot the ball very well they dont take many three point shots a game but when they so shoot them they knock them down, one game they hit four threes straight on hardin right after another guillory hit two then brown hit two more know your stuff before u make post or talk to a real fan i'm there every game

I've read all the post this season and I guess Warren has not been beaten by just a better team. Always this or that happen to them.

Hard to get a handle on it DP#1,not saying they haven't been beaten by better teams.The perfect example is Bridge City who they beat by 35 one night and lose by 20 the next week.They beat Liberty by 2 while missing 2 starters and then lose by 7 when Liberty's best player is hurt.Bottom line is they are 7-5 and are pretty good at times and not very consistant at times.The 2 tournaments they have played so far they have had 2 starters missing in each one.If they start to gel they will be pretty darn good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics