Jacovian Brown

To Memorials defense there second best player Jacovian Buckner did not play in Saturdays contest verses Yates.  But Yates has a good all around team and will challenge Ozen in region this year.  I went to the Toyota Center and saw both Saturday Games (Yates vs. Memorial & Duncanville vs. Madison)

But lets talk about J. Brown.  I have watched this kid extensively and he is by far the best player around these parts.  There were Houston Natives at the game talking about how this kid is far better than any one indivisual they had scene play all year.  The Houston Native's were waiting for him to put 40 up in the third quarter and will his team to a win.  That didn't happen.

Madison has a SICK guard that plyed all over the floor against #1 Duncanville.  Thuis kid is physically gifted and plays with a lot of heart and desire.

The reason I say this is for all the talent that is bottled up in J. Brown the attitude can be detrimental to his becoming a great player.  I know if I saw him talking back to the coach and packing that attitude, scouts saw him too.  The kid from Madison had his team play up to him because of his attitude and the entire team looked talented because of him.  But every player on Memorial's team does exactly what J. Brown does... Terrell is not the greatest coach and we all know that... That's why Lincoln got rid of him and I was so surprise that Memorial hired him back.  But Brown leads that teams and they all follow his example, all the kids look up to him.  He did not listen to coach the team did not listen to coach...  He talked back to coach the team talked back to coach... He played no D the team played no D!!! I have seen J. Brown lock a man down for a play or two because he really wanted to, just think if he does that the entire game (Henderson should rest the kid more too).  Hands down he is as good as he allows himself to be... His worst enemy is himself.

Message to J. Brown: Clean up the attitude, Make your team play up to you, lead by example, you are great, put a great attitude behind that.

Message to Memorial's players:  Make A LAY-UP!!!!!!

Message to Henderson:  What ever set-up "31" is on defense the players don't know it so it doesn't work.  You kept calling it and Yates kept scoring... Go figure ???

Good analysis!I was watching the kid more when he played for Kelly.  Unfortunatley, it was just him with the attitude.  Since he is a senior and playing on a young team, those youngsters do look up to him.  I actually thought that his attitude was changing, but I guess you confirmed that this isnt' true.  I just hope they can come together as a team for the district and playoffs.  This kid has so much talent, it isnt' even funny.

If J'Covan wants it bad enough and can see what he is doing is hurting his team and his chances at advancing deep into the playoffs, then he will clean it up. Otherwise their season is going to be short lived and I personally think that he is not capable of cleaning up his attitude. He's had it since he's been playing and you would think that since he is a senior now, usually with seniority comes maturity and leadership (both of which he lacks and needs to help his young team succeed) he would have dropped the attitude but I guess not. Surprised?---No.  Dissapointed?---Yes, because to see a player with that much talent just go to waste because he likes to throw temper-tantrums....he won't make it far in college with that outake on life basically. What it all comes down to is "J'Covan.....just grow up." ;)

If J'Covan wants it bad enough and can see what he is doing is hurting his team and his chances at advancing deep into the playoffs, then he will clean it up. Otherwise their season is going to be short lived and I personally think that he is not capable of cleaning up his attitude. He's had it since he's been playing and you would think that since he is a senior now, usually with seniority comes maturity and leadership (both of which he lacks and needs to help his young team succeed) he would have dropped the attitude but I guess not. Surprised?---No.   Dissapointed?---Yes, because to see a player with that much talent just go to waste because he likes to throw temper-tantrums....he won't make it far in college with that outake on life basically. What it all comes down to is "J'Covan.....just grow up." ;)

Hopefully he goes to a program with a good, discipline coach.  One that can appeal to him and help him grow....  I would love to see this kid succeed!

All good points.  I saw him play at PNG tourney when he was with Kelly.  After three trips down the floor I said to myself, this kid can play, but his attitude is garbage.  I hope he can straighten it out, because he can be a really great player w/o all the tude.

He could have all of that talent but will never see the floor @ UT until he does it The Longhorn way and that is why they are so good.

Rick Branes will make him mature or go away. I hope he does great because he could open many doors for younger players in SETX.

He could have all of that talent but will never see the floor @ UT until he does it The Longhorn way and that is why they are so good.

Rick Branes will make him mature or go away. I hope he does great because he could open many doors for younger players in SETX.

[    /quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

IS THIS THE COACH,THAT HAS CAUSE THIS.

Point blank and simple.......he is just that good, that they are willing to take a chance on him. Of course when he gets there he will be competing agaist someone with egual talent, so he will either shape up, or ship out. The Tx. coaches will not allow him to keep that attitude. I look for them to correct it, and him to see plenty of min., starting next year.

If his attitude is that bad he would not be going to THE UNIVERSITY of TEXAS point blank and simple........

I have to laugh at this comment. Texas among many other schools have welcomed " bad attitude " players into their programs. Is it not possible for some of these student athletes that we have seen get in trouble with the law have bad attitudes from the start. I had heard how one player in particular, that just happens to be from P.A. that got busted at Texas, wasn't the greatest of people when Texas signed him. He had already had some run ins with the law but Texas took him anyway. Trust me, big named schools across the country lower their standards when it comes to landing a big time recruit.

I have to laugh at this comment. Texas among many other schools have welcomed " bad attitude " players into their programs. Is it not possible for some of these student athletes that we have seen get in trouble with the law have bad attitudes from the start. I had heard how one player in particular, that just happens to be from P.A. that got busted at Texas, wasn't the greatest of people when Texas signed him. He had already had some run ins with the law but Texas took him anyway. Trust me, big named schools across the country lower their standards when it comes to landing a big time recruit.

Yeah, kind of reminds me of the two a&m football players arrested for home invasion recently. I guess it happens Texas a&m too!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder