La Vega vs. China Spring/CHINA SPRINGS WIN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wos Grad 2000

I STOPPED LISTENING TO THAT MESS AFTER CHINA SPRING THREW THE BALL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD THE WHOLE FIRST HALF AND WAS SUCCESSFUL. SOMETHING WE REFUSE TO DO.

Guest wos mustangs

I STOPPED LISTENING TO THAT MESS AFTER CHINA SPRING THREW THE BALL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD THE WHOLE FIRST HALF AND WAS SUCCESSFUL. SOMETHING WE REFUSE TO DO.

I'm on you guys' boat now.

Can someone please tell me what China Springs did to beat Waco. Did they run all game , pass alot or just mixed it up pretty good. I did not get a chance to listen to the game. I just have a funny feelin someone is going to say that they passed the ball in the middle of the field alot.   :( :( :( :(      0-4 in 3A

This was not the first time these two teams has played this year. LaVega blewout China Springs in district. Obviously, China springs made some adjustments and came out on top this time.

If you WOS people are wanting to know how they did it, China Springs is a passing offense, they throw every down. That's something that WOS is just not capable of doing, that's not their style of play nor does it fit their personel. Apples and oranges IMO.

WOW CRAZY CAUSE CHINA SPRINGS TO ME WASENT THAT GOOD OF A TEAM THERE WAS NO REASON Y WE SHOULDNT HAVE BEAT THEM LAST WEEK, BUT GUESS IT WASNT MEANT TO BE !!!! :-*

In MY opinion - For what it's worth........

Coach Alvarez has always been a gambler, and I guess always will.  I see his motto as "win by the gamble - lose by the gamble".  In MY opinion, they SHOULD have won against Sweeney last year ( I was there), and had the opportunity to do so, but gambled and lost.

This year, in round #2, K-ville gambled on the on-side kick after scoring on their 1st possesion, and it worked, letting them control the ball and the flow of the game.  Going for it on 4th down with the fake punt pass for the TD worked, to put K-ville out ahead by 14, and made the opponent change their game plan to try to catch up.  Everything worked, and K-ville advances.

In round #3, NONE of the gambles appeared to pay off.  Getting stopped on 4th down and turning the ball over on downs, going for the onside kick and NOT getting the ball, giving up yardage and field position with huge painful penalties took K-VILLE out of THEIR game plan.  From LISTENING to the game, K-ville should have been able to handle China Spring - They didn't sound dominate.  It appeared to ME that K-ville just didn't do what they needed to do, when they needed to do it.

I think K-ville should have been able to win against CS - I'm sorry they didn't - I really wanted to see them advance, as well as WO-S.  :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder