Brookeland 82 Warren-78

whsalum

Brookeland-  17  41  64  82

Warren-       17  32  48  78

Sims39(7-3ptrs) 8/10 ft line. "Lil"Cody Andrews 20.

Game recap:Warren had 2 starters and 1 sub missing due to ACT test.They had 3 players foul out and played the last 7:02 of the ballgame with 4 players.They cut a 22 point deficit to 1 with 23 seconds left before fouling late and losing by 4.The kids played with as much heart as I've ever seen.Cody Andrews,Blake Riley, James Blackshear and Paul Sims left it all on the court today.Good job guys.

The last 7 minutes of this game was very intense.Warren was playing shorthanded from the start but the foul count was questionable to say the least.The kids off the bench should get a look after todays game ,they played with a lot of heart.Warren hit 13 -3's as team.Sims and Lil Cody Andrews lit it up in the fourth.Sims played the entire second half with a badly sprained ankle.

The last 7 minutes of this game was very intense.Warren was playing shorthanded from the start but the foul count was questionable to say the least.The kids off the bench should get a look after todays game ,they played with a lot of heart.Warren hit 13 -3's as team.Sims and Lil Cody Andrews lit it up in the fourth.Sims played the entire second half with a badly sprained ankle.

Very impressive warren.keep up the hard work.

i got to see a little over half of the 4th qtr in this game and i'd say it was pretty wild and exciting game to watch.  I know i'm repeating this, but Warren played with 4 players most of the 4th qtr and came back from a double digit deficit to almost win this game!  They got a defensive rebound with 17 seconds left, down 3 pts, but went down and turned the ball over and had to foul again.  I agree with whsalum, it was very gutsy by them to keep hustling then coming down and nailing three pointers.  Thats the only time i've gotten to see Warren, and i know i didnt get to see all their players, but they gained my respect.  I was glad to see Sims play, since i'd heard a lot about him, he can really shoot. 

whsalum, i figured you were at the game when i got there, i was looking around at all the Warren fans, where were you at? were you the guy behind the bench in the bright orange warren shirt?  i stood near the entrance and watched the game from there then left right after the game to watch slocum-garrison at the new gym.

This district is going to be very interesting, with Hardin, Warren, East Chambers, Anahuac and Deweyville all fighting for 3 playoff spots, i could see a combination of any of those 3 getting in.

Wished I'd known you were there I would have introduced myself.I was in a white shirt beside the guy in the orange shirt.I spent most of the second half trying to keep the high school principle out of jail. :D :D :D.Not one of the better performances by officials I have seen and I usually give them the benefit of the doubt.Brookeland has a pretty good ballclub this year.

I vaguely remember seeing someone with a white shirt beside the guy with the orange shirt.  Yeah, i wouldve liked to have met you and talked some bball.  I was there almost all day.  Unfortunately i didnt get there in time to see all the excitement with the principal, but i heard about it throughout the day.  Brookeland does have a very good team.  I watched Slocum beat Brookeland for the consolation finals. Slocum led big early (got up to 18 pt lead) and Brookeland is athletic, loves to fast break, wants to get to the rim, and kept fighting and made it a game at the very end.  It was a pretty good tournament overall, i got to see a lot of teams i had heard about.

I was impressed with the tournament field as well.I watched Woodville and Slocum in an overtime game Friday.I also got to see Newton and Corrigan as well as Lufkin and Wells.Pretty good basketball being played.Incredibly bad timing by some of Warren's seniors for the second week in a row in scheduling ACT or SAT test.Makes it tough on the rest of the team.I think Newton is definitely the favorite this year in 23-aa.I didn't see any real good shooters but they are extremely athletic and are big on the block.I heard Lufkin brought a completely different club Friday than the one they had Thursday.I was impressed with the group they had on Thursday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Neches: HBP (Runner tagged) F9 Single LF (Runners at corners) SB (Runners 2nd & 3rd) K - swinging F6 Neches strands 2 and scores no one off of 1 hit.
    • First pitch about to be in the books.
    • Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
  • Topics