Area teams reloading for next year

I'm not sure of the WR's name, but I saw him this year and he's BIG and FAST and has hands like velcro. To top that, we have a freshman QB with an arm, Beasley-esque quickness and measures almost 6'1 (I think) - as a freshman. He came in and threw a TD pass against Coldspring. Also, our kicker, James Haynes, should shape up to be a standout WR. He's also big and fast.

Despite how well our guys played this year - and say what you will but I'll take 11-2 on almost any given year - it WAS a "rebuilding" year. Next year and at least the next should be very, very exciting for Mustang fans.

I can't begin to express how proud I am of our guys, who took a year that we were predicted to lose the district and swept the district, then won two playoff games - including one against the top team in the state. And we really only went out in round three by a one-point loss. Yeah, they scored again, but we let them run it in untouched to get the ball back.

GO MUSTANGS!

Gregory Charles is a senior he's the current QB but the guy to be filling in at QB next year will obviously be Cody Green since he's only a junior. Things wont be too bad for him.

Is Charles getting any looks?

I don't think any team has two quality players like Cody Green and AJ Dugat coming back.

AJ just might be the best all around player in SE Texas.  Don't know why he isn't an option on the voting on the front page poll of setxsports.com

Cody, was out all year, but look what his soph. year was like.

Wish we knew what district Dayton would be in....

Galena Park doesn't what us in 21-4A and it looks like 22-4A will be glad to have us moved...

It kind of stinks being halfway between Houston and Beaumont, NOBODY gives us coverage like the other schools.

I don't think any team has two quality players like Cody Green and AJ Dugat coming back.

AJ just might be the best all around player in SE Texas.  Don't know why he isn't an option on the voting on the front page poll of setxsports.com

Cody, was out all year, but look what his soph. year was like.

Wish we knew what district Dayton would be in....

Galena Park doesn't what us in 21-4A and it looks like 22-4A will be glad to have us moved...

It kind of stinks being halfway between Houston and Beaumont, NOBODY gives us coverage like the other schools.

yeah aj is an elite player. purple what will the QB spot look like next year if cody is unable to play. the only guy i know that we have in the wings is zach crowder. because dugat just isnt built for QB. you throw him defense WR RB anything like that he'll wreck and put on a show but he just didnt seem like a fit at QB to me. Would Zach be able to step up next year if cody cant' thats my concern I've seen Zach play since he was in JH i think he's capable of it i'm just not sure because he's just no AJ Dugat or Cody Green

Well, I'm glad yall asked this question....

Baytown Lee loses a ton of seniors.  Of course, they lost about 5 of them before the season even started, then lost 5 more during the season to injuries and grades and attitude problems.  So, in reality they aren't losing a whole lot from the guys that ended the season.  Problem being, the guys that ended the season were not particularly impressive.

My expectations are quite low for next year.  I'll need to see how the re-zoning affects everything before I get too locked into a lineup for the Ganders.

As of now, here are the guys that will be back that started some games this year:

wr - Jahwran Goode sr

rb - CJ Mixon so, Paul Martinez sr

qb - Jarret Havins jr (started games at wr and lb)

ol - Austin Riley sr, Tim Smith jr, Xavier Ruben jr

dl - Zac Zellars sr, Darren Montgomery sr

lb - Treion Murray jr, Collin Bieschke sr, Donovan Raymond sr

db - Trenton Warren jr, Thomas Bates sr

Lee will probably have a sophomore running back starting and one or two sophomore receivers starting, so they will be very young on offense.  It's going to be tough to replace nose guard JT Cleveland on the defense.  2007 was Lee's year to do something if they could have stayed in tact, but I will be there rooting for them again next year.  They could have a pretty good team if everyone stays and plays and doesn't get hurt or quit or fail classes.

What is Goose Creek Memorial going to do to Lee's enrollment? Are there many players going over there?

I don't think so.  I think most of those guys are going to be coming from Sterling for now.  I think Lee's guys probably chose to stay at Lee.  Lee is supposedly even going to be getting a few more guys from Sterling that are going to be re-zoned to Lee.  I can't imagine Lee losing a lot of their players, considering that guys usually do what they can to goto Lee instead of Sterling in the first place.

WO-S will be loaded next year as we may all now know. They will make a few personal changes at the quarterback postion and won't miss a beat at the running back position, with that being by committee, related to the great young backs coming back. There will be a kid there next year that will shine like the sun. He's really a tightend with great hands, size, and agility, but in this offense, he'll probably just be a big WR. He played some tightend in the Kirbyville game # 81 and then switched to #59 and played OT for about 2 games in district after the Kirbyville game. He is a monster on defense and was not given a shot, but played JV the last 3 games of the season and avg approx 12 tackles a game. He will be wearing # 81 next year and remember this name, Matthew Provost, he's a BEAST.

HF is looking pretty good for next year. They will have at least 7 All Districts picks back for

next year. The returning Senior class have been winners since they were in JR High school, hopefully

that will carry over. Although the traditional PowerHouse's will have plenty of returning talent I

still hold out hope that HF can make the playoff with the team they have returning. One thing is

for sure "Time will Tell". Again thanks 21-3A for another great year.

Freshmen team was the best they've ever had. The next 3 years will be great years at WO-S.

I think we can look a little deeper than 3 years, Coop. The 7th and 8th grade teams were really good. They have some kids that are going to be special. Not only that if you look at the youth league teams they won championships in every division but the jr division.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami