Welcome them home

TNTITANS

I really hope everyone goes back to Lumberton High School tonight to support our Raiders!  We may have lost on the scoreboard tonight but one thing about those boys they have brought a community together unlike anything I have ever seen before.  I hope the parking lot is full for them tonight!

I hope so as well! It's easy to support a team when they're winning. It's quiet another to keep it up when the winning stops. I hope we never forget this feeling. The excitement, the tailgating, the symbology (L-Train, RaiderNation, etc.). Let's keep it alive. Let's fill the stands and blow our horns and keep this NEW tradition going. If we could all drive to Barbers Hill, Baytown, Deer Park, etc., surely we can keep right on filling Raider Stadium for years to come. I've waited too long for the apathy to end. The community is tighter than ever and I hope the stands are packed next year as well.

LR1969-

It's so much better than it was when I was there.  I was very impressed when I talked to my dad one night at one of the games and could not hear him.  I told my parents that next day that I was coming down for the Lumberton/Nederland game to see the party first hand if Lumberton won that game.  I went to that game and I was planning before I left the stadium on when I could come back.  I brought my youngest son back two weeks later for the LM playoff game.  It was so neat to watch and think,  "Wow!  I went to school here?  This is awesome!"  Very addictive! Those young men did something no one else was able to do in 42 years and it has more to do than just winning some football games, it has to do with bringing your community together and what a job they did!!

I can relate. I yelled into a cell phone many times this season trying to relay updates to others. That's not something I ever had to do in past seasons. It was also great to see my little boys (elementary) get excited about being future Raiders themselves. Heck, my wife even made all of the home games and a couple of away games this season. In fact, she's sick at her stomach right now after being forced to listen to the Raiders lose on setxsports.com since we couldn't make the game tonight. Community support and the feeling that you CAN win makes the difference, especially at the high school level. Ask perennial powers WO-S, Newton, PN-G, etc. Kids grow up in these communities wanting to be a part of the excitement and knowing that one day they'll don those colors and run onto the field and KICK BUTT! We've never had that here. We definitely didn't have it when I played. I hope it's here to stay.

Welcome them home we did! Our Boys deserved nothing less. They are Lumberton High School's legends, in their OWN time.

Schweeet!

Hubby tried to video the welcome home, but I don't know if it turned out, and I'm wayyyyyyyyyy too tired to try and figure it out now. If it does turn out, and I can get it uploaded, I'll post it.

Thanks, everyone, for a great season!!

Welcome home accomplished........But don't forget about the other Boys/Girls activities throughout the year.......Most of them supported our boys, lets return the favor for them !!

So next we have basketball (guys and gals are both playing right now.), soccer, baseball, softball, track and field, tennis... am I leaving any athletics out?

The Prayer Team plans on continuing its new tradition...

Guys the reason I made this post was because listening to the football game last night on here I heard how a lot Lumberton people were leaving early and it really made me feel sorry for the boys.  I am glad that not everyone deserted them.  I listened until the very end.  Of course not being there I can't see what is going on only hear about it.  I felt for the boys but I was also VERY PROUD of them!

Guys the reason I made this post was because listening to the football game last night on here I heard how a lot Lumberton people were leaving early and it really made me feel sorry for the boys.  I am glad that not everyone deserted them.  I listened until the very end.  Of course not being there I can't see what is going on only hear about it.  I felt for the boys but I was also VERY PROUD of them!

Not that many left early, maybe 20% which could have been other SETX fans.  The Lumberton faithful stay and cheered

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83