Spurger 63 Warren 52 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

::)Bad officials, that's nearly every game.  And it's even worse when you have 3 on the court.  WE HAD THREE.  But the players have to deal w/ it and keep playing.  It's not like the coach can call a time out, "We need new Refs."

If that were the case, it would take a long, long, long, very long, or even forever to finish a game.

And above all, know matter how the calls were this night, it wasn't the reason of the finally outcome of this game.

Spurger and Warren have great potential.  If they both play ball like they can, the next game will be a very good one also.  See Warren @ our Tournament. :) 8)

Maybe a few people on here can go and become officials. I think that would be a great idea. I'm not an official, but I have officiated a few games (when I was in college and looking for extra income). It's not as easy as you think it is.

FYI,  I was an official for eight years, I quit when my kids starting playing school ball.

Well I was close. Spurger will be very hard to beat this year and the following years to come. Coach Stapert is an excellent coach and he has done a remarkable job at Spurger. I don't understand why people are stunned by Spurger beating Warren. Spurger has beat them the past 3 out of 4 times (past 2 years combined). Sheffield is an excellent shooter (maybe one of the best in the area). Congrats Pirates !!!

Warren and Spurger haven't played but twice in the last 2 years.Once this year and once last year,splitting the 2 games.Spurger beat Warren twice the season before that but Phillip was probably the only kid from this years Spurger team that got any playing time in that game.Warren started 4 Sophs that year.These 2 teams are very familiar with each other playing continuosly through the summer with the games always being close and each club winning there share.Neither club should hang there head here this was a good ballgame,4 point difference with 2 minutes left.Hope we see another one next month.

The Ref's can get in the way of a good ball game, but it happens to every team. It is not isolated to just one team. I was at the Spurger-Chester game and these guy's shouldn't have even been calling a Jr. High game {first year ref's]. I was also at Warren-Spurger and although the the ref's was bad and made some off the wall calls {for and against Warren}. I don't think it would have made a difference in the outcome. You can not guard Phillip with Andrews and expect Andrews to have enough energy left to do the scoring at the end of the game.

The only one from Spurger that played much then was Phillip.Johnnie W and Tanner Sheffield were the main cogs in that wheel.These 2 teams are very close and this was a 4 point game with 2 minutes left,the spread at the end was from free throws.I hope we can see another game this intense at the Spurger Tourney.Good luck to both clubs the rest of the year.

I agree with WHSALUM not much difference in these two teams. The only difference I think is phillips play on the inside.

I'll agree with that,he does a good job down low.Andrews does a good job for Warren on the offensive end but is a little light to defend on the block.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami