LC Clear Springs (21) vs Galena Park North Shore (49) - FINAL

jdawg03

9 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Anddddd Cy-Fair just beat Katy in the 2nd round, Katy hasn't lost this early in the playoffs since 2001. Not surprising though this is the worst Katy team I've ever seen.

Probably my favorite program in Texas, but I believe their glory days are over.  I hey will still win 11-12 games a year and win district championships, but they days of seeing them in Jerry’s World is over.   Not to say a great class won’t come through and get there, but assuming they are shoe-ins for rounds 4-6 is gone.

The growth of Katy and all the rezoning has killed them.    It’s been years since they have had the top notch talent within the district.   It’s too spread out.   And throw in the offense that refuses to adapt.  

They won’t be WOS or Cedar Hill as long as Joseph is there, but it makes you wonder what will happen when he’s gone. 

4 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Probably my favorite program in Texas, but I believe their glory days are over.  I hey will still win 11-12 games a year and win district championships, but they days of seeing them in Jerry’s World is over.   Not to say a great class won’t come through and get there, but assuming they are shoe-ins for rounds 4-6 is gone.

The growth of Katy and all the rezoning has killed them.    It’s been years since they have had the top notch talent within the district.   It’s too spread out.   And throw in the offense that refuses to adapt.  

They won’t be WOS or Cedar Hill as long as Joseph is there, but it makes you wonder what will happen when he’s gone. 

Correct, this senior group went 3-6-1 when they were freshman so them losing this early don’t surprise me at all. Another thing a lot of folks fail to realize is that Katy has had most of their success in the D2 bracket which is huge step down in competition level compared to the D1 bracket. Hence why Katy ISD recently redrew the lines to ensure Katy goes D2 from here on out.