MAVERICK Lumberton's most hated fan on the net says.....

Guest maverick24

No question about the discipline thing... But kids having tantrums after a big loss is VERY common. I have seen teams do it a million times.. And like they say the bigger they are the harder they fall..... Teams, especially those undisciplined teams,  that are not used to losing often do not go down gracefully especially when some little nobody team like Lumberton slaps a pop knot on their head.  ;)

i have a feeling they're (the people from lumberton) arent going to like that comment

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a feeling they're (the people from lumberton) arent going to like that comment

I would not like it either, but you have to see it from LaMarques point of view. What I say is a fact, not my opinion. Its certainly not what "I" think of Lumberton, I think Lumberton is totally legit and capable of going all the way IF they win the next 2 games.... I am saying that is what LaMarque thought of Lumberton..

I know those guys at LaMarque, I have seen the attitude for years, and I know their program a little,,,, go back and read their predictions and you will clearly see that LaMarque posters here,,, and I can assure you most everyone in LaMarque and all over Texas,  saw Lumberton as nothing more than an easy win on the way to another title if they could get past Dayton. Lumberton is still NOBODY on the state wide scene,,,, these guys are not looking at Lumberton seriously,,,,, yet. But they will.  ;) 8)

Dont get me wrong, beating LaMarque got everyones attention but the state is fully expecting a collapse as the pressure mounts. It takes an act of congress to get respect... Being from Nederland I know. We did what you are doing year after year and still got little respect. That is why LaMarque was so shocked. To them this was like losing to a freshman team.... Absolutely unthinkable.

I have seen quality football all over Texas, state championship football for years and I know what I see. We know something that they DONT. Lumberton is the real deal and fully capable of going all the way. If it were not for Dayton I would already be predicting that they have a VERY strong chance of going all the way.. I think Lumberton will thump Waller and that the winner of the Dayton/Lumberton game will go on to the championship game barring any injuries, losing focus or getting over confident.

I like it a lot!

Great Game Lumberton. Very good win. Now maybe La Marque is not terribly disciplined THIS year, but when a teams name sparks fear the way theres does,and to win as they have for quite some time....that is not a sign of lack of discipline. Sometimes kids lose it on the field. Its human nature. Not saying its right but it happens.  Sometimes teams that are used to losing act like every game is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP ,and somtimes consistent  winners dont know how to handle losing. I bet all teams have a kid or two that is on that field saying, and doing a few things on or under the pile that would make a sailor shudder, or Jesse Jackson plan a march. Savor the win and the season.....cause it might be another 40 years    :)

Great Game Lumberton. Very good win. Now maybe La Marque is not terribly disciplined THIS year, but when a teams name sparks fear the way theres does,and to win as they have for quite some time....that is not a sign of lack of discipline. Sometimes kids lose it on the field. Its human nature. Not saying its right but it happens.  Sometimes teams that are used to losing act like every game is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP ,and somtimes consistent  winners dont know how to handle losing. I bet all teams have a kid or two that is on that field saying, and doing a few things on or under the pile that would make a sailor shudder, or Jesse Jackson plan a march. Savor the win and the season.....cause it might be another 40 years    :)

i seriously doubt that it'll be another 40 years, were just brginning to believe that we can win and win big, it'll continue.

i seriously doubt that it'll be another 40 years, were just brginning to believe that we can win and win big, it'll continue.

ok my bad..........20years. Just wait and see if u guys can sustain this winning for a few years and then have a rough season or get knocked out of the playoffs by someone u feel u should beat........thats pain. It hurts a hell of a lot more than a losing club making a great "1year run"

Guest maverick24

ok my bad..........20years. Just wait and see if u guys can sustain this winning for a few years and then have a rough season or get knocked out of the playoffs by someone u feel u should beat........thats pain. It hurts a heck of a lot more than a losing club making a great "1year run"

You guys are starting to make me SICK weather you were at the game and saw this display or not There is no way that there is ever room  in any sport for the way the coaches and players acted after the loss.  I heard all year long that Raidernation needed to learn to win  gracefully and how some teams had pride and tradition that we didnt understand. GET REAL if a Raider had acted like that Coach C would have kicked him out of all sports.  I dont care if you have not lost a game in 10 years or  only won one in 10 years  there is no room for This in HS sports. THIS IS HS SPORTS most of theses youngsters will never play again after HS. As much as we get excited and pumped up remember it is a GAME. Crying I understand ,Throwing your helment and refusing to shake hands and tell the other team good job is just poor coaching.  Respect the game and act like a Champion not like a  Thug that has no respect for the team on the other side of the Ball.

Crying I understand ,Throwing your helment and refusing to shake hands and tell the other team good job is just poor coaching.  Respect the game and act like a Champion not like a  Thug that has no respect for the team on the other side of the Ball.

Could not agree more.... But that still does not change the fact that it happens. I saw it twice this year... Once during the regular season,,, but WORSE..

ok my bad..........20years. Just wait and see if u guys can sustain this winning for a few years and then have a rough season or get knocked out of the playoffs by someone u feel u should beat........thats pain. It hurts a heck of a lot more than a losing club making a great "1year run"

OK, maybe we're not world beaters, and noone ever said we are, why not let us enjoy this for a little while and let our guys enjoy it too. Quit telling us it's a fluke, and quit putting this cinderella label on us, our guys deserve better than that, and maybe you should give them that. You may be just a pesimistic guy I have no clue, but what i do know is that our guys aren't, they're as real as they come. Our whole community is backing these guys 100%. And if this is our 15 minutes of fame,(which I don't believe it is) let us enjoy it please.

No question about the discipline thing... But kids having tantrums after a big loss is VERY common. I have seen teams do it a million times.. And like they say the bigger they are the harder they fall..... Teams, especially those undisciplined teams,  that are not used to losing often do not go down gracefully especially when some little nobody team like Lumberton slaps a pop knot on their head.  ;)

man come on...i can guarentee if lumberton lost that game then everysingle player on that team would make it out to the field to shake hands...not half of them...that was completely disrespectful