Stepp's 3A D1 Region III Outlook ($)

Matthew328

19 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Ouch! Tarkington in last place in District 10. That's pretty tough. Especially considering they return something like 19/22 starters position wise and saw quite a bit of improvement from the previous season. I'm going to say they sneak into the playoffs as the #4 this year.

6 minutes ago, PrairieMan said:

Ouch! Tarkington in last place in District 10. That's pretty tough. Especially considering they return something like 19/22 starters position wise and saw quite a bit of improvement from the previous season. I'm going to say they sneak into the playoffs as the #4 this year.

You're not serious are you?  Hardin and Tarkington never have a shot in this district to make playoffs, unless something changes with both communities, median income average, population increase, business or industrial uptick, oil and gas (pipeline) expansion(s) and half the town packs their bags and new blood comes in.  Now, if all those things happen, you can look for both of the programs to be on the rise.

2 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

You're not serious are you?  Hardin and Tarkington never have a shot in this district to make playoffs, unless something changes with both communities, median income average, population increase, business or industrial uptick, oil and gas (pipeline) expansion(s) and half the town packs their bags and new blood comes in.  Now, if all those things happen, you can look for both of the programs to be on the rise.

I am serious. Their incoming Junior group is one of the more athletic groups to come through in a while. All of the difference makers saw considerable playing time as sophmores on varsity last year. The RB is a tough senior kid with some wheels! I know Taylor left but Belt provided stability in the transition. Do you have any actual knowledge of the program or the kids currently there? Just wondering how much of your opinion you can actually back up or if you're just throwing the yearly Tarkington sucks smoke out there. 

3 hours ago, PrairieMan said:

Tarkington should be better absolutely...but they've also got a lot of ground to make up considering aside from the 8-point win over Hardin they lost every other district game by 3 TDs....Kirbyville brings back a lot....East Chambers brings back a lot as well...Buna doesn't bring back as much but they beat Tarkington 53-0...

I gave Hardin the edge because I think Taylor is an excellent coach and will make up the difference since Hardin also brings back a ton

On 8/3/2023 at 2:21 PM, Matthew328 said:

Tarkington should be better absolutely...but they've also got a lot of ground to make up considering aside from the 8-point win over Hardin they lost every other district game by 3 TDs....Kirbyville brings back a lot....East Chambers brings back a lot as well...Buna doesn't bring back as much but they beat Tarkington 53-0...

I gave Hardin the edge because I think Taylor is an excellent coach and will make up the difference since Hardin also brings back a ton

This