Overlooking the 'Stangs

kicker

I have noticed, and think something is very funny. On some of the other boards, 3adownlow mostly, there is not many people saying anything about WOS. Most of the threads have all theses people winning state or making it to the semi's. Yet, noone even mentions us. I love it! We have been flying under the radar so far, and I believe it is to our advantage. For the first time in a while, we have become a "dark horse". Lets use this and make a run. Lets beat Giddings and then take one game at a time!!! It seems to me, all the other teams are focusing on their opponents in the next round or even the state championship. We as fans, need to let it go. We do not need to let ourselves and the kids get into the predictions on games that are two weeks from now. We just need to focus on what our tradition was based on.......ONE AT A TIME! Lets do this ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!!!!!! Lets make a run like the Mustangs in the past. Lets do what we have to do and "take it to the house". 8)

3 more days!!

There aren't many/any threads on WOS but look on the GOTW thread at the top and the majority of the people are picking WOS to win.  I was amazed to see so many from other areas picking WOS over Giddings.  One poster said he was glad for once that Giddings is the underdog.  I'm not sure where he gets that, but last time I looked, Giddings was ranked #1, not us.  We will be after Friday night, though.

I was just so surprised to see so many people pulling for us and actually believing that we will do it.

I've been sneaking over to the 3A downlow board recently and I agree with you kicker, not much love for WOS, Jasper or Kirbyville. It's pretty clear they have left off one portion of the state, Southeast Texas. I've noticed a few regulars on here that have crossed over but not enough to educate them on this area's teams. WOS87 is over there with his great stats but he stays out of the fray and let's his numbers speak.

Jasper, WOS and Kirbyville win this week, they will wake up.

I'm expecting both Jasper and WO-S to win, and wouldn't be overly surprised for Kirbyville to win as well.  :)

Hi Mom,  surprised to see you here.  Gonna learn our secrets.  ;D  Good luck to LH, and if our little, very little (& slow) dogs can win Friday, may you have your re-match.  In Huntsville!  ;)

Hi Mom,  surprised to see you here.  Gonna learn our secrets.   ;D  Good luck to LH, and if our little, very little (& slow) dogs can win Friday, may you have your re-match.  In Huntsville!   ;)

Haha!  I pop in from time to time, just because.  :P  I already know all about the t-rex arms, so I can't imagine there's many more secrets.  :D

And....I'm rethinking the whole Huntsville thing.  Floyd Casey sounds MUCH better.   :-*

Hi Mom,  surprised to see you here.  Gonna learn our secrets.   ;D  Good luck to LH, and if our little, very little (& slow) dogs can win Friday, may you have your re-match.  In Huntsville!   ;)

I saw the thread about this. :D  Yall are milking it a little. :D

Haha!  I pop in from time to time, just because.  :P  I already know all about the t-rex arms, so I can't imagine there's many more secrets.  :D

And....I'm rethinking the whole Huntsville thing.  Floyd Casey sounds MUCH better.   :-*

where is Floyd Casey?  wacko?  no way!  we'll go back to Kyle Field first!  ;D

There aren't many/any threads on WOS but look on the GOTW thread at the top and the majority of the people are picking WOS to win.  I was amazed to see so many from other areas picking WOS over Giddings.  One poster said he was glad for once that Giddings is the underdog.  I'm not sure where he gets that, but last time I looked, Giddings was ranked #1, not us.  We will be after Friday night, though.

I was just so surprised to see so many people pulling for us and actually believing that we will do it.

The poll over there has wo-s at about 69% to Giddings 34%.You can take that with a grain of salt.I would think that most voting against giddings is because of their #1 ranking and would like to see them go down for that reason.

Giddings is #1 and has basically their whole team back.WO-S was beat by giddings last year and is in a rebuilding year.This is a no brainner.Giddings should stomp us. :o ;D

Neither WO-S nor any other team from our area gets any respect over there.  I used to go there every once in a while, but haven't been in probably over a year. 

I look for the Mustangs to win.  If our defense is on point (probable) and our offense adjusts like they have almost every (if not every) game this season...MUSTANGS live to play another game...my money is on the Mustangs... ;D

I agree Gun, I think many of those voting against Giddings are doing it out of spite. There are, however, several of them who have played Giddings and just do not think they are what they were. If we go in and play Mustang Football, I feel we will move on. We did it in 2005, had we played like Mustangs last year the game would not have been close in my opinion. When we were up 7-0, we missed a wide open receiver for a sure TD that would have put us up 14-0. When you play a team like Giddings and they are forced to press a little, things can snowball on them. If we play like we can and capitolize on those opportunities, I feel like we will win this game.

I agree Gun, I think many of those voting against Giddings are doing it out of spite. There are, however, several of them who have played Giddings and just do not think they are what they were. If we go in and play Mustang Football, I feel we will move on. We did it in 2005, had we played like Mustangs last year the game would not have been close in my opinion. When we were up 7-0, we missed a wide open receiver for a sure TD that would have put us up 14-0. When you play a team like Giddings and they are forced to press a little, things can snowball on them. If we play like we can and capitolize on those opportunities, I feel like we will win this game.

I've always hated it when people say, "You didn't win that game. We lost it," but that's about how I feel about last year's WO-S/Giddings game. Giddings had an excellent team - probably the best we saw all year - but Earl was uncovered 30 yards downfield and the ball was overthrown, we had the ball on the goal line and made the four stupidest consecutive goal-line calls in history, etc.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn