Stunning!!

Guest gladiator2

Guest gladiator2

During the PNG game at one point in the game GP did something good and a guy jumped up and started clapping and hollering for GP and myself and others were wondering why he was not on the other side being that GP only had about 200 people on their side. I found out that the group of people were from Vidor, I was kind of shocked. I just did not understand why he was even there or why he was not sitting on the other side, I assume that he thought that we were going to lose therefore he wanted to be on our side to rub it in our face. That was about the only time he had anything to cheer about and midway through the 3rd quarter the whole group was gone. Unbelievable, I guess years of torture will wear on some people.

During the PNG game at one point in the game GP did something good and a guy jumped up and started clapping and hollering for GP and myself and others were wondering why he was not on the other side being that GP only had about 200 people on their side. I found out that the group of people were from Vidor, I was kind of shocked. I just did not understand why he was even there or why he was not sitting on the other side, I assume that he thought that we were going to lose therefore he wanted to be on our side to rub it in our face. That was about the only time he had anything to cheer about and midway through the 3rd quarter the whole group was gone. Unbelievable, I guess years of torture will wear on some people.

LOL......You know it was close to the same way at the L-Town Smiley game. If you've seen the Barbers Hill stands then you know that the visitor side would barely hold a 2-A team and yet Smileys fans didn't even fill it up. Another opponent was drowned out by the roar of the L-train fans. My ears weren't ringing saturday morning this time but they were during the game. Get Loud, Get Proud, Turn it loose boys!!!!

This is one reason why I was so glad when Dayton got put into 22-4A.

There is basically zero fan support in 21-4A.

Smiley and Forest Brook won't even put 200 fans in on a HOME game.

Crosby and Barbers Hill easily have the largest fan support.

Galena Park really never had a full house on home games in their new stadium.

On rare occassions will you travel to a 22-4A game and not have the home side packed.

This just helps the kids on the football field play at a higher level.

This is also one reason why 21-4A just isn't successful in the playoffs.

This is one reason why I was so glad when Dayton got put into 22-4A.

There is basically zero fan support in 21-4A.

Smiley and Forest Brook won't even put 200 fans in on a HOME game.

Crosby and Barbers Hill easily have the largest fan support.

Galena Park really never had a full house on home games in their new stadium.

On rare occassions will you travel to a 22-4A game and not have the home side packed.

This just helps the kids on the football field play at a higher level.

This is also one reason why 21-4A just isn't successful in the playoffs.

Purple, why is there no fan support for those guys? I was surprised about Galena Park...thought they would have more.

I'm an LCM fan who was at the PNG-Galena Park game Friday night.  I sat on the GP side at about the 35 yard line and was surrounded by people from Golden Triangle area schools that came just to support and see a good ball game.  I was shocked to see so few GP fans. 

Congrats to PNG.  They played a great game and the defense did a great job of containing a very athletic quarterback.  GP was obviously a one dimentional team and the indians took that away.  The Indians are playing well, look very balanced, and could make some waves for quite a while if that continues.

Good luck!!!

Most seemed to have missed the real idea behind this thread.  I think what he was asking was not about fan support in general, but why in the world would a fan, in this case a Vidorian, squeeze into a packed stadium to openly root AGAINST the home side, when there were PLENTY of good seats on the visitors side, the team he was pulling FOR.

The sweetest thing about this scenario was how stupid he looked as the game progressed...

I LOVE IT!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23