Woodville (18) @ Coldspring-Oakhurst (8) - FINAL

jdawg03

I understand the frustration from our fans. Same song and dance. Another great group of kids with tremendous athletic ability to only go 2 rounds deep. I know everyone thinks it will be their group to go all the way but after this year it all goes down hill, you don’t replace D1 Athletes over night. I’ve just accepted the fact we are who we are. Hopefully we get there 1 day.

After reevaluating the game the eagles didn't play great but it wasn't bad as it seems. Although the Trojans didn't score much they were able to burn some clock in that wing T offense. Woodville had 7 offensive possessions. The last one we were content with letting the clock expire at the end of the game. So we scored on 3 of the 6 possessions we would have liked to score on. Of the 3 we didn't score on we had a unforced turnover on one and a big play called back on another. You take away that one turnover and that one penalty and we might have scored on 5 of 6 possessions. The main thing that concerns me is the special teams/ extra point situation 

3 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Yea Jatavian's definitely a gamer and our defense tends to come through when we need it 9 times out of ten 

Honestly how the game played out it was weird and very uncharacteristic for both teams... I felt to be honest y'all would of put up a few more to TDs in this game but our defense played y'all better than expected but we shot ourselves in the foot in the second half especially on those 2 drive where we was close to the red zone and y'all kept sacking us.

6 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

After reevaluating the game the eagles didn't play great but it wasn't bad as it seems. Although the Trojans didn't score much they were able to burn some clock in that wing T offense. Woodville had 7 offensive possessions. The last one we were content with letting the clock expire at the end of the game. So we scored on 3 of the 6 possessions we would have liked to score on. Of the 3 we didn't score on we had a unforced turnover on one and a big play called back on another. You take away that one turnover and that one penalty and we might have scored on 5 of 6 possessions. The main thing that concerns me is the special teams/ extra point situation 

You're right about our offense... That's what has kept us in games this season outside of HF.  But what made me frustrated is that Coldspring kept running some of the same plays over and over again you cannot beat a team that way unless you open up the offense more in which on one series they did (first time I've personally saw that this season against y'all when they lined up in a spread formation) but if you're Coldspring open up the playbook and use something you haven't tried before.

2 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

You're right about our offense... That's what has kept us in games this season outside of HF.  But what made me frustrated is that Coldspring kept running some of the same plays over and over again you cannot beat a team that way unless you open up the offense more in which on one series they did (first time I've personally saw that this season against y'all when they lined up in a spread formation) but if you're Coldspring open up the playbook and use something you haven't tried before.

Yea Coldspring offense is pretty vanilla for the most part. That's why I was hoping for a shutout. We almost had it except for that one big run yall had