Something I learned about Orange

tam2121

I was looking at Wikipedia and I didn't know all of the famous people that was from Orange. Of course most of them were professional athletes, but I didn't know that Nfl player Matt Bryant was from Orange. Here's a list of the people:

Famous people and community leaders

Bruce Aven (baseball player)

Marcia Ball (American blues singer and pianist)

Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown (Blues musician, 1924-2005)

Edgar William Brown (Business leader)

Matt Bryant (NFL Football Player - Kicker)

Chris Cole (National Football League player)

John Oliver Creighton (NASA astronaut)

Frances Fisher (actress)

Alexander Gilmer (Business leader)

Chuck Knipp comedian known for Shirley Q. Liquor

Ernie Ladd (Professional athlete)

Henry J. Lutcher (Business leader)

Kay Panabaker (Television actress)

John Patterson (Major League Baseball pitcher)

Bum Phillips (National Football League head coach)

Wade Phillips (National Football League head coach)

Andre Robertson (Major League Baseball player)

Bubba Smith (American football player and actor)

Kevin Smith (football) (NFL Football Player - Dallas Cowboys)

Tody Smith (football) (NFL Football Player - Dallas Cowboys)

William Henry Stark (Business leader)

Liz Wickersham (Former Playboy Playmate and Cable News Anchor)

David Robert Wingate (Business leader)

Edgar Winter (Rock and Roll musician)

Johnny Winter (Rock and Roll musician)

Beau Hale MLB player

Bobby Kimball (singer of Toto)

Danny Aaron (Rock musician)

R.C. Slocum Texas A&M head football coach

Johanna Leister (television actress)

Chad Shelton (operatic tenor)

I don't know about WR Smith jr., but Bubba and his brothers all went to Charlton-Pollard and supposed to be from Beaumont

Yep. Wikipedia has it where people can add information to the site. Some of the people that claim to be from some places is dubious in nature. I guess it comes down to your definition of being from somewhere. I think with wikipedia, if you drove through the town, played at a nightclub there or maybe had a family member that lived nearby, they consider you from that town.

It shows Johnny and Edgar Winter as being from Orange but if you look up Beaumont, it shows them being born and raised there also. Wikipedia shows Tracy Byrd and Clay Walker as being from Beaumont and I thought that they were raised and graduated from Vidor. Bum Phillips shows to be from Beaumont and Orange. I guess maybe he was born in one city but raised in another.

Like I said, I guess it goes by your definition of what being from somewhere means.

Anyway, this area obviously is well represented with a lot of famous people in all lines of work, no matter which city (cities) they are from.

He played Toto in the Wizard of Oz.

Bobby Kimball was a singer for the rock back Toto. They had several hits going back to the late 70's. The ones that I think of right away are Africa and Rosanna.

C'mon tvc give me a little credit... ;D    I had no idea that the lead singer was from this area.

;D

If you take a little trip down to the Museum of the Gulf Coast in Port Arthur (Next to the police station), you will be become educated in that area.

Actually, it is a great museum to visit and it covers the Greater Golden Triangle area.

I was thinking that the lead singer for Toto is actually from Vinton.  I had heard that years ago.

Same guy. According to Wikipedia, he was only born in Orange because Vinton didn't have a hospital so they drove about 10 miles to Orange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Kimball

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83