21. Madisonville (12-2)
22. Orangefield (11-0-1)
23. Hardin-Jefferson (10-4-1)
24. Andrews (8-4)
T25. Melissa (8-3)
T25. Silsbee (11-2)

45 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

How is Silsbee that low? 🤔

I mean… If I was doing the polls that’s about where I’d have them. Yeah they are 11-2 but their best win is probably Buna who if I was told correctly is missing a couple starters to injury and one starter quit. Their 8-0 loss to Nederland who is 5A but I’ve seen their fans say they are average this year and 8-0 to Woodville who is a top 15 3A. 

It’s also hard to judge teams off tournament play as well. One, you rarely get full 7 inning games in. Two pitching depth plays a much bigger factor in those tournaments once you get to games 3-4 in a 3 day span. Bellville is a perfect example because they have some good pitching but when we faced Madisonville last Saturday we were running on fumes for pitchers  So starting this week when teams are back to only playing 2 games a week I’d start paying more attention. Lots a variables IMO in the first few weeks of the season 

35 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

It’s also hard to judge teams off tournament play as well. One, you rarely get full 7 inning games in. Two pitching depth plays a much bigger factor in those tournaments once you get to games 3-4 in a 3 day span. Bellville is a perfect example because they have some good pitching but when we faced Madisonville last Saturday we were running on fumes for pitchers  So starting this week when teams are back to only playing 2 games a week I’d start paying more attention. Lots a variables IMO in the first few weeks of the season 

Yepp. Not accounting for strength of schedule, pre-district records in baseball are a lot less telling of how good or bad a team really is when compared to pre-districts records in football and basketball because those sports don't have the pitching aspect factored in. A lot of innings have to be eaten up by less talented guys during baseball pre-district due to the amount of games played in a short timespan during the 2-3 tournaments that each team plays in. 

7 minutes ago, KF89 said:

I agree with the pitching issues in tourney play, most teams are in the same boat with pitching, but it also is a good way to determine if your hitters are good enough against less talented guys to win games without your best pitchers. 

This is why I like Vidor playing in the Crosby tournament. Playing 5A/6A teams with 8-12 more guys on their team. Always facing a live arm and it gives you a pretty good look at your pitchers and hitters.

3 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I mean… If I was doing the polls that’s about where I’d have them. Yeah they are 11-2 but their best win is probably Buna who if I was told correctly is missing a couple starters to injury and one starter quit. Their 8-0 loss to Nederland who is 5A but I’ve seen their fans say they are average this year and 8-0 to Woodville who is a top 15 3A. 

Fair enough. It's not normal for them to fatten up their record on bad teams.