Legacy vs. Texas School for the Deaf /Why WON'T BISD LET THEM PLAY AT STADIUMS?

KFDM COOP

I am not sure, must be politics involved, but it is a shame that BISD won't let the Warriors use either of the bigger stadiums.  No, they wouldn't fill Durley or Zaharis stadiums up but that shouldn't matter.  Greenie stadium has seen its better days.  Could it be a bit of jealousy?  BISD coach comes to Legacy and takes them to the playoffs while West Brook is the only BISD school going to the playoffs. 

Before anyone goes saying something about TAPPS vs UIL....playoffs are playoffs, no matter where you go or what you say.  The Warriors won five in a row to make it. 

WAY TO GO WARRIORS!!

If it were up to me, no private school would use a public school stadium.  They have the nerve to recruit from the public schools, let them pass the hat like Kelly did and build their own stadium.  If not, charge them 20K to use the stadium.....

Guest WBFan09

If it were up to me, no private school would use a public school stadium.  They have the nerve to recruit from the public schools, let them pass the hat like Kelly did and build their own stadium.  If not, charge them 20K to use the stadium.....

Legacy recruit from public schools...haha they are about to start building their own stadium so chill out SFA85 Legacy isnt Kelly and until they finish building let them use whatever stadium they want...Dr. Thomas shouldnt care he gets all the money anyways

Legacy doesn't "recruit" as much as it offers an alternative to students in the public schools.  Most of the kids that are "recruited" for football or basketball are offered a chance to play (not to mention a christian education) rather than sit the bench at their respective schools.  Nothing against the public school programs.  We have had some really good kids come through Legacy/Cathedral over the years who just were not good enough to play at the 4A/5A level. 

Now, by playing in the bigger stadiums in the area, especially for the playoffs, this offers more more attention from the community and an opportunity to attract kids. 

Like was mentioned, there are plans for a stadium at the school.  A year or two and there will be no need to play at Greenie stadium OR WB or Zaharias.

Go Warriors!

SFA85, from what I see, Legacy/Cathedral does not recruit. Lt year they had 2 student-athletes go and play D1 sports. One is playing football in the SEC and the other is playing baseball for one of the most respected coaches in baseball. Both of these young men could have played at any school they went to and they would have started. And when it comes to the stadium, if the public schools were smart, they would let the private schools use their stadiums. They rent them out to the private schools and the public schools sell the food, so they are making money.

SFA85, from what I see, Legacy/Cathedral does not recruit. Lt year they had 2 student-athletes go and play D1 sports. One is playing football in the SEC and the other is playing baseball for one of the most respected coaches in baseball. Both of these young men could have played at any school they went to and they would have started. And when it comes to the stadium, if the public schools were smart, they would let the private schools use their stadiums. They rent them out to the private schools and the public schools sell the food, so they are making money.

Oh I'd let them play, just charge the snot out of them for the privilage

Guest FPHS 78

we pay just as much bisd taxes as anyone else........in beaumont, the recruiting goes both ways.    wise up and grow up

The Austin American Stateman originally posted the score between San Marcos Baptist and Texas School for the Deaf as 58-20 for San Marcos, but it actually was the other way around.  Texas School for the Deaf is the 3 seed which mean they will play Legacy.  The date and time is 7 p.m. on Friday.  When I have a location I will post. 

we pay just as much bisd taxes as anyone else........in beaumont, the recruiting goes both ways.     wise up and grow up

I know you do and before you tell me anything softwestender, you should check yourself.  Now you give me an example which the publics stoled from the privates besides Chaisson going to WB???

Guest WBFan09

I know you do and before you tell me anything softwestender, you should check yourself.  Now you give me an example which the publics stoled from the privates besides Chaisson going to WB???

we got Billy and Blake Chavis from Kelly...they realized the amount of scouts like look at 5a over TAPPS

Guest FPHS 78

he aint the only one stump took with him, pup...recruiting in beaumont isnt limited to kelly/public schools...wb/ozone/central...go where ever they want.just happens now, they want to go to wb

ya got little biddy schools playing at Slam houston st. and legacy goes to greenie stadium...aint right

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics