*Jasper 40 Silsbee 34 FINAL/COMMENTS*

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened on the last play? The announcer just said something about a touchdown and the other one cut it back to the station.

The clock never started and Bailey was forced to throw instead of running out the clock and taking a safety. The pass was caught and run to about the Silsbee 20 before the receiver was tackled to end the game...

Thanks Bulldog. The announcer said something about lining up for a punt and then a pass and one said that it was going to be a touchdown and then the other announcer started in on the Thank You's and sent it back to the studio without ever giving the final score or even saying that the game was over.

Thanks Bulldog. The announcer said something about lining up for a punt and then a pass and one said that it was going to be a touchdown and then the other announcer started in on the Thank You's and sent it back to the studio without ever giving the final score or even saying that the game was over.

I would have felt the same way if I were those guys. Silsbee has a lot of heart and I have a ton of respect for them. Jasper had them dead to rights at halftime and they did a great job of coming back.

If you've paid attention to our games the past couple of years, you know that the Dogs have folded a lot in games like this (WO-S and Livingston come to mind this year) and it's nice to see them come back and win tonight. Hopefully, their 5-1 finish will translate into playoff success.

YOU KNOW THE WORST THING EVER IS TO COME TO THE FIELDHOUSE AFTER A BIG WIN, AND TO HAVE THE FIELDHOUSE BROKEN INTO, AND TO HAVE SOME OF YOUR POSSESSIONS STOLEN! JASPER GOT BROKE INTO TONIGHT, SOMEBODY STOLE MY PHONE THAT I JUST GOT TODAY!! DONT WORRY THO COPS GUNNA GET YA!!!

Hate to hear that for y'all...hope it wasn't anyone from here.  :-\

As heartbreaking as this game was...it was awesome and I am glad I was there. Both teams did an awesome job and all I can say is Congrats and good luck Dawgs and we WILL be seeing y'all next year.

Guest tigersvoice

I would have felt the same way if I were those guys. Silsbee has a lot of heart and I have a ton of respect for them. Jasper had them dead to rights at halftime and they did a great job of coming back.

If you've paid attention to our games the past couple of years, you know that the Dogs have folded a lot in games like this (WO-S and Livingston come to mind this year) and it's nice to see them come back and win tonight. Hopefully, their 5-1 finish will translate into playoff success.

Hey Guys!  If you were listening here on SETXSports, I apologize for the confusion at the end of the game.  I was that announcer that shut it down.  Part of the poor announcing job was due to SHOCK.  Part was a great feeling of disappointment - keep in mind we are the SILSBEE announcing team.  But, was that one of the best high school games that you have ever seen?  Or, in your case, heard?  You have some really, really good young players.  I won't use the word great because it is over-used - but in a couple of years I may use it when I talk about Bailey.  We wish the whole Jasper team and community good fortune in the play-offs and may the Bulldogs be injury free for the rest of the season.  God Bless!

It was a great game, I remember thinking as I looked around after Silsbee got the INT return for the TD and see people leaving that they would miss the comeback. When that happened I laughed to myself. Serves em right for having no faith. Silsbee played tough and never gave up, you gave Jasper a great game. It was fun shooting this game one of the best games I have seen in person in a long time.

YOU KNOW THE WORST THING EVER IS TO COME TO THE FIELDHOUSE AFTER A BIG WIN, AND TO HAVE THE FIELDHOUSE BROKEN INTO, AND TO HAVE SOME OF YOUR POSSESSIONS STOLEN! JASPER GOT BROKE INTO TONIGHT, SOMEBODY STOLE MY PHONE THAT I JUST GOT TODAY!! DONT WORRY THO COPS GUNNA GET YA!!!

The same thing happened to me last year. It turned out that someone used it and put it in someone elses locker, hence the odd recent calls numbers. Just don't let it ruin the win for you. Jasper played a great game, and silsbee did too. Especially #17 Donovan Harris! He had a truly electrifying performance last night. Jasper might just go a few rounds this year. They're strong where it counts, in the trenches. It was a heartbreaker for the Tigers, but I just can't get over that last interception. It seemed like a deceptive play, but he ended up throwing a jump ball into double coverage. I'm not here to bash the coaches or anything, so thanks Tigers for a memorable year.

I was in the stands (of course on the Jasper side) and started yelling at the fans as they were leaving.....kept yelling "were you going game isnt over yet"  got some strange glances but I hope I got them feeling like fools.  it works for me ;D

Where I was sitting I only saw a few Jasper fans leave.  That place was rocking!!  What a game.  :)

Silsbee, you guys are TOUGH!!  See you next year, and good luck in basketball.

By the way, I hear Bailey is some kind of basketball player also.  :)  Better cheer for the Dogs to make a long run in the football playoffs.  ;)

I was on the sidelines and turned around to the fans looking for crowd shots and saw several people leaving with their cushions under their arms. It was 15-or more people that I saw. Oh well they missed a great ending

I was on the sidelines and turned around to the fans looking for crowd shots and saw several people leaving with their cushions under their arms. It was 15-or more people that I saw. Oh well they missed a great ending

Yes, some folks did leave.  But the ones who remained made up for them.  Bet they don't leave again!  These Dogs can truly score at anytime, from anywhere on the field.  And often if need be.  :)

Guest ST4life

Where I was sitting I only saw a few Jasper fans leave.  That place was rocking!!  What a game.   :)

Silsbee, you guys are TOUGH!!  See you next year, and good luck in basketball.

By the way, I hear Bailey is some kind of basketball player also.   :)  Better cheer for the Dogs to make a long run in the football playoffs.   ;)

im sure silsbee aint scared it looks like they have bball under control

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83