Houston officer kills pedestrian while attempting to assist in pursuit….

tvc184

if I understand this correctly, a woman reported that she was robbed at gunpoint. The suspects took her pickup and HPD jumped them a short time later. The pursuit ended in an apartment complex and officers began chasing five suspects on foot. Part or possibly all of them might have been armed. Other units assisted in the potential shoot out but one of the responding units ran over and killed a pedestrian.

This is the hidden content, please

Loss control. I was coming from bridge city to 39th and twin city for a 10-50 major. It was after a rain. We had another ambulance coming down 39th from park place to meet us. I could see them approaching the intersection and starting to slow down, I was about 2 blocks away. Then The lights seem to speed up and then an abrupt stop. They hydroplaned and rear ended a car…..now instead of two wrecks, there were three. Accidents do happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad deal all around.  The cop has to live with that for the rest of his/her life, and a family lost someone for no reason due to a terrible accident.  I’m kind of curious… in this particular case is the race of the pedestrian relevant, as the writer of the article seems to think?  If a civilian was involved instead of an officer, would the victim be identified as “a black man in his 40s?” Just seemed strange to me 

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Bad deal all around.  The cop has to live with that for the rest of his/her life, and a family lost someone for no reason due to a terrible accident.  I’m kind of curious… in this particular case is the race of the pedestrian relevant, as the writer of the article seems to think?  If a civilian was involved instead of an officer, would the victim be identified as “a black man in his 40s?” Just seemed strange to me 

Race gets political points and gets clicks in the media.

In this case the race of neither the police officer nor the victims is relevant to anything. It is a fact of whatever race they were but it is not relevant to the incident.