NEDERLAND TOURNEY/Post updates here

7 hours ago, Jerry West said:

@The Natural is spot on.  I was able to watch a lot of the Nederland Tourney and thought that HF at times could play with anyone but they have to become more consistent (they have the pieces).  Saw HJ play Nederland at HJ and thought they are for sure a top 10 team in 4A, they're just missing a true big.  Silsbee can be beat but I would give them the edge over both HJ & HF.  Their strength of schedule is unmatched and will have them battle tested more than anyone.

Lumberton has the same screamer on the sideline that does more yelling than coaching and with no D1 kid it's a toss up who finishes 4th between Lumberton and WOS.  WOS is very undisciplined compared to years past with kids walking off the court and cussing the coach out.  It was embarrassing to watch the coach at the Nederland Tournament deal with his big kids the way he had to.

HJ and HF will have battles for the district titles this year.  Silsbee, LCM, OF and toss up for fourth in my opinion comes out of District 22-4A this year.  There is still a lot of ball to be played and a lot of things that can be fixed or broken.  

A couple of things I would disagree with in this thread . First of all I think Coach Mitchell is a very good defensive coach. I have watched him for years going back to his assistant days at Hardin  , where Lumberton will struggle is playing good teams that can score 70+ points a game. I’m willing to bet the Lumberton vs LCM game will be close. If it stays below 60 Lumberton has a shot if it gets above that LCM will be the favorite. 

Not sure I agree with HF being more athletic than HJ but they could very well be deeper. I’m gonna check out the HJ tournament this week and get my first look this year at Huffman. I haven’t seen anything that will make me change my prediction for the 4A districts. I like Silsbee to win their district easily and I think HJ wins theirs.

53 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Y’all will y’all are dang good 

This district is gonna be fun for sure. HF lost to Barbers Hill tonight and Huffman beat LCM. I’ve said it since last summer whoever can steal a game on the road will win this district. Right now the Longhorns seem to be struggling but that can change quick 

18 hours ago, whsalum said:

A couple of things I would disagree with in this thread . First of all I think Coach Mitchell is a very good defensive coach. I have watched him for years going back to his assistant days at Hardin  , where Lumberton will struggle is playing good teams that can score 70+ points a game. I’m willing to bet the Lumberton vs LCM game will be close. If it stays below 60 Lumberton has a shot if it gets above that LCM will be the favorite. 

Not sure I agree with HF being more athletic than HJ but they could very well be deeper. I’m gonna check out the HJ tournament this week and get my first look this year at Huffman. I haven’t seen anything that will make me change my prediction for the 4A districts. I like Silsbee to win their district easily and I think HJ wins theirs.

I'm sure Mitchell is a great guy and an acquired taste just hard for me to watch sometimes.  I get to watch Coach English regularly so I am spoiled.  I plan on being at the HJ Tourney starting tomorrow so I'll get to see some of the teams you mentioned above.

44 minutes ago, Jerry West said:

I'm sure Mitchell is a great guy and an acquired taste just hard for me to watch sometimes.  I get to watch Coach English regularly so I am spoiled.  I plan on being at the HJ Tourney starting tomorrow so I'll get to see some of the teams you mentioned above.

I understand no doubt, I just think what he’s done at Lumberton is pretty impressive, I like seeing coaches build a program or make progress in a program. English been doing it for over 20 plus years he’a special.