Awfully quiet around here

Round 4 and only 5 schools remain.  Let us know how your match-ups are looking?  How have your teams been traveling (loud and proud)?  You gotta have some thoughts going in......brag on your boys a little bit.  This is a pretty special accomplishment that y’all will never forget.  Oh, and Go Rebs!!!!!

43 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

Round 4 and only 5 schools remain.  Let us know how your match-ups are looking?  How have your teams been traveling (loud and proud)?  You gotta have some thoughts going in......brag on your boys a little bit.  This is a pretty special accomplishment that y’all will never forget.  Oh, and Go Rebs!!!!!

I’m worried and don’t think we get past Lufkin Hudson lol but Go Brahmas! Lol

2 hours ago, Chester86 said:

What happened to those dominant Chester Yellowjacket baseball teams from years past?

Our Woodville boys have played up to expectations. We knew coming into season we should make it this far. We face a uphill challenge in Malakov 5 D1 signees . A challenge the boys look forward to. We are a young team only 3 seniors.  Hopefully coaching will earn their pay and get us to the 5th round. Orange field has the best chance advancing. We beat Rusk earlier in the season. They are average without their ace pitcher. Buna also stands a very good chance of advancing against Cameron.

2 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

What happened to those dominant Chester Yellowjacket baseball teams from years past?

Sadly a lot of Chester kids play elsewhere.  There just isn’t a lot of industry or jobs to keep the young couple around who have the kids.  When my boys were at Evadale there were 4 boys on the team who’s parents were from Chester.  They are telling me that we have a good group of boys in junior high, so maybe the numbers will come back.  I think we’ve been to the regional finals 3 times but never made it over the hump.

2 hours ago, longball24 said:

Our Woodville boys have played up to expectations. We knew coming into season we should make it this far. We face a uphill challenge in Malakov 5 D1 signees . A challenge the boys look forward to. We are a young team only 3 seniors.  Hopefully coaching will earn their pay and get us to the 5th round. Orange field has the best chance advancing. We beat Rusk earlier in the season. They are average without their ace pitcher. Buna also stands a very good chance of advancing against Cameron.

Dang.....5 D-1’s off any team is tough, let alone a 3-A.   I think y’all have been playing well and anything can happen.  Just gotta get hot at the plate, and get the pitching to do their job.

3 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

Sadly a lot of Chester kids play elsewhere.  There just isn’t a lot of industry or jobs to keep the young couple around who have the kids.  When my boys were at Evadale there were 4 boys on the team who’s parents were from Chester.  They are telling me that we have a good group of boys in junior high, so maybe the numbers will come back.  I think we’ve been to the regional finals 3 times but never made it over the hump.

Gotcha. I would think Chester kids would be more apt to transfer to Woodville or Corrigan. It’s a pretty good little haul from Chester to Evadale