Dickinson has big day.. La Marque doesn't

Dickinson controlled from the beginning in a victory over Class 4A Division II state champ La Marque. Dickinson received relief Friday from the District 23-4A executive committee which rules the Gators wouldn't have to forfeit their seven wins because a student was enrolled in two athletic periods. A soccer player who was in football and soccer.

Dickinson will go Division I in the playoffs after beating last year's Division I rep Friendswood.

STATE ROUNDUP

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=734534

Scoring summary

DIC -- Kenneth Mullins 3-yard run. PAT Kick ( Ian Bryant ), 11:45, 1st.

DIC -- Clay Honeycutt 6-yard pass to Joseph Jones. PAT Kick ( Ian Bryant ), 09:41, 1st.

LAM -- Denroy Vahorne 21-yard field goal, 02:31, 1st.

LAM -- Jairus Kerlegan 1-yard run. PAT Failed 2 Pt Pass ( ), 10:31, 2nd.

DIC -- Ian Bryant 22-yard field goal, 03:45, 2nd.

LAM -- Shane Cams 13-yard run. PAT Failed 2 Pt Pass ( ), 01:55, 2nd.

DIC -- Clay Honeycutt 6-yard pass to Logan Cary. PAT Kick ( Ian Bryant ), 00:06, 2nd.

DIC -- Kenneth Mullins 1-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 04:14, 3rd.

DIC -- Kenneth Mullins 1-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 01:56, 3rd.

DIC -- Clay Honeycutt 31-yard pass to Donald Hunter. PAT Kick ( Ian Bryant ), 05:21, 4th.

LAM -- Josh Daniels 7-yard run. PAT Kick ( Denroy Vahorne ), 03:35, 4th.

Game Notables and Highlights

Tonight's win clinches the first playoff berth for the Dickinson Gators since 2002.

Dickinson's 43 points represents the most scored against LaMarque since 1989

was at the game last night,well half of it(bike week end). anyhow,dickinson is for real. they shoild be district champs,but the coach made a some bad choices against t.c. they will be a handful in the playoffs.

the coogs will be lucky to get to rd. 3. 4a team,using 2a tatics...this coach will not last long.

What is the playoff picture for 23-4a??.....what three teams are in or have a shot??

looking for the friendswood score. i know they needed to win out to make it. it's a log jam. you have lm with two losses and they played thier last game last night and on a bye week. friendswood,i think they play tonight or had a bye.they are currently with 2 losses. t.c. is undefeated in district winning by the skin of thier teeth every week.dickinson have one loss. so right now,i don't know. lm beat friendswood head to head,so if they win out,i guess lm goes. friendswood play t.c. next week.

Standings

District

W L

Texas City          5 0 

Dickinson            4 1

La Marque            4 2

Friendswood        3 2

Brazosport            1 4

Angleton              1 4

Santa Fe              0 5

Standings

District

W L

Texas City           5 0 

Dickinson             4 1

La Marque            4 2

Friendswood         3 2

Brazosport            1 4

Angleton              1 4

Santa Fe              0 5

at this point lamarque needs t.c. to beat friendswood. if not,the state champs will possibly be sitting at home. :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics