Lamar Men's Starting Line-up

Gtj007

With the great play of Brown in the two scrim. games, I say you have to start him.  But who do you put on the bench.

Before the scrim. games I would have said:

1- dawkins

2- hopkins

3- barrow/todd

4- sanders

5- nwevo

but would this work:

1- dawkins

2- hopkins

3- brown

4- sanders

5- nwevo

"Brown averaged 29.0 ppg and 8.0 rpg in the two scrimmages. He shot 67.6% (23-34) from the field, 55.5% (5-9) from 3-point range and 87.5 (7-8) from the free throw line. "

Can he play the 3????

Man, our bench is going to be DEEP!!!!!!!

Brown can't play the 3.  He's a post player with an outside shot.  If you want to start the 5 best players, you start Dawkins, Hopkins, Barrow (or possibly Hall), Sanders, and Jay Brown.  If you want to commit to Nwevo as a starter, Jay Brown can be the first big off the bench.

Nabors and Sanders have the lateral movement to play the 3 defensively.  I haven't seen that from Jay Brown.

I do believe that Hall can and will eventually start at the 3.  I am just not sure he is 100% right now.  That's why I left him off of my starting line-up.

I can see Brown starting instead of Nwevo.  Man, Roc has a lot of tough decisions to make!!!!!

Guest coachacola

I would guess Nwevo starts, given that he may the team's best rebounder.  But Brown could potentially get more playing time coming off the bench.  It's anybody's guess who plays the 3, maybe Roc doesn't even know yet.  And depending on who the opponent is, Roc could go with size, or he could go with speed.  Who starts isn't that important, I see a lot of guys getting minutes.

It's anybody's guess who plays the 3, maybe Roc doesn't even know yet.  And depending on who the opponent is, Roc could go with size, or he could go with speed.  Who starts isn't that important, I see a lot of guys getting minutes.

That's what's really exciting.  Here are a few combos that show the extremes:

Big/Powerful: Dawkins/Hopkins, Barrow/Hall, Nabors/Sanders, Brown, Nwevo/Worrell

Small/Quick: Dawkins/McThay, Hopkins/Todd, Barrow/Hall, Nabors/Sanders, Brown

Shooting: Dawkins, Hopkins, Barrow/Todd, Brown, Custer

Lockdown Defense: McThay, Hopkins, Nabors, Sanders, Nwevo

Guest abovetherim

Does Wes know Lamar basketball or what? Excellent post, both of them and GT also made some good observations.

From what I've seen and knowing Hall will get better or should I say back to 100% playing here is my starting 5 and you might be surprised.

1. KD

2. D-Hop

3. Hall

4. Sanders

5. Brown

6th man Matt Barrow. 1st big off the bench Nwevo. Player who can play the two, three and four Nabors.

Big line-up

1. KD

2. D-Hop

3. Brown

4. Sanders

5. Custer

Yes, Coy Custer is by far the most improved player returning.

Nwevo still has looks like he just pulled his hands out of a bucket of butter. He can't catch or hold onto anything. But i do love his hustle.

It'll be

Kenny

D hop

Nabors (until Hall is healthy, then Ashton starts)

Sanders

Brown.

Jay Brown can flat out play. It would be dumb to leave him on the bench.

I think the starting lineup may be different on different nights depending on the opponent.  I agree with Coach that being a starter isn't necessarily that important, but number of minutes you get.  This team could be run like the old Kentucky teams where everybody plays and if anyone gets over twenty minutes a night it is a little strange.

Having said that though, I can't see a night where, if I was the Coach, Sanders wouldn't plpay at least thirty minutes.

Guest coachacola

Having said that though, I can't see a night where, if I was the Coach, Sanders wouldn't plpay at least thirty minutes.

And from the way everyone's talking, Dawkins will get at least 30 minutes a game too.  If Barrow's 100% healthy then this team will definitely be deep at the guard position.  If Brown, Hall, and Nabors can adjust to D1 basketball quickly then this team can go 9 deep without much drop off in production.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder