Dickinson About to Forfeit All Wins

Dickinson will know fate before tonight's game

Gators will find out if the playoffs are still a possibility before showdown with La Marque

The Dickinson Gators football team will know if they still have playoff aspirations by the time they travel for their game at La Marque tonight.

A meeting between 23-4A officials and the University Interscholastic League will be held at Friendswood High School at 9:30 a.m. this morning to determine the punishment the Gators will face for playing an ineligible player during all eight of its games this season.

Dickinson, which is 7-1 overall and 4-1 in District 23-4A, may have to forfeit all of its wins, which will cost the team its first trip to the postseason since 2002.

School administrators discovered that the player had taken courses in both football and soccer during the current semester, a violation of UIL rules, which states that a student can enroll in only one physical education and/or athletic class.

Dickinson High School principal Mike LaTouche reported the violation to the UIL earlier this week.

If the Gators are forced to forfeit their games, it would be the second time in three years a Galveston County football program has done so. Ball High was forced to forfeit its eight wins in 2005 when it was discovered that the Tors had used an ineligible player.

FROM HTXSPORTS.COM

Member leftfoot

I know the student, grades or credits are not an issue, he is a good student.  He did not know that he was doing anything wrong and was not trying to get away with anything. 

Same subject, different school.  I also heard today (yea this is a rumor) that Dickinson's neighbor to the south may have played ineligible players (grades) and it is being investigated.  Anybody know anything about that or is just the talk that goes around as play offs approach?   

Where were the confounded counselors during schedule assignments?  The kid nor the team is at fault and it's really, really sad that the whole team has to suffer.  BTW, wonder what made them finally wake up and realize that something was wrong?  It just aggravates me that the team and the kid may have to pay when there were more involved in the oversight.

Just my take on it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami