nederland vs dayton and lumberton

dave08

can nederland win against dayton and lumberton both?

i say yes

Sure they CAN, but you could just as easily turn the question around and ask the same of Lumberton. Nederland is a very good football team, they have one of the best teams they have ever had, they are for all intents and purposes 100% healthy and have experienced coaches that know how to win big games.

It's funny that the loss to PNG causes all these questions about the Dogs,  just like it happened when Dayton lost to Lumberton, lol. The Dogs are just as good as they were before the loss to PNG and they are just as good as they would have been with Sampere. Sampere did not play defense and that is where the Dogs need to most work. The offense is scoring plenty of points, more than enough to win out, but the defense is giving away points. If they can stop the cheap TD's they can win State, much less get into the playoffs.

CAN they win theses games??? Absolutely without any question whatsoever. Will they win, I dunno. They are no more or less likely to win than Dayton and Lumberton are over the next 2 weeks. Its going to be a photo finish.

The trademark of every Nederland football team in the past decade has been that they find a way to play their best football down the stretch of the season.  Don't know how they seem to peak em every year at the right time, but they do.  Looks like Dayton's peaking as well... should be interesting.  Nederland wins/PNG wins and the playoffs are set.

Nederland, PN-G, Lumberton or Dayton, i wish all 4 could make the playoffs, but one is going to sitting it out, and i'm not going to attempt to call it

I'm kinda rooting for Lumberton to make it, so they can get the monkey off their back, they got some good players that deserve it, but so does Ned, Pn-g & Dayton

Any of the four teams can win out, but it just can't happen with head to head competition.

Obviously Nederland and Dayton have the harder road to go down.

PN-G can lose this week and still have a very good shot at going.

Lumberton should win against LC-M but there season is most likely over if they lose to Nederland.

If Dayton does get by Nederland, I wouldn't want to be Lumberton with the task of having to beat Nederland in what will virtually be an elimination game.

What an exciting week of action it will be.

I think all Teams have the ability to win their last two games.  I do think Lumberton would have the toughest test  if it needed to beat Nederland the last week to clinch a spot.  Not only is Nederland a tough team, but we would also be up against alot of history.  But, with so many scenarios out there that could play out, it is just too hard to predict what will happen.   If Dayton beats Nederland then loses to PNG  then it would come down to point differential between Nederland, Lumberton and Dayton (assuming PNG beats Central and Lumberton beats LCM and Nederland beats Lumberton).  If all that were to happen, Nederland would have to beat Lumberton by more than 2 points over what they lost to Dayton.  Example:  Dayton beats Nederland by 10.  To out right clinch a spot they would need to beat Lumberton by 12.   There are just too many ways this could play out.  Alot of questions will be answered this Friday!  See ya' at the fields.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83