Can Someone Please Explain What Has Happened To LC-M?????

Guest Kelly Football

For as long as I can remember, LC-M has accepted WO-S rejects.  There is a reason they left WO-S and it usually means baggage or problems.  If they can play, they will stay there.  LC-M needs to change the entire mindset of the community.  It is tough to discipline there because this parent or that parent is friends with the Supt. or a board member and if you try to take care of an issue, you get a call.  The years that LC-M was successful, they had a great core group that worked very hard and understood how to win.  I think the expectation of the program is to be competitive and not have parent calls.  I don't know how many times I have heard that we produce good citizens here at LC-M.  If that is the measure of the football team, then don't get on the coach for going 3-7.  It all starts at the top and very few elementary teachers that move up the ladder in administration understand how improtant a successful football team is to a school, a town and a community.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For as long as I can remember, LC-M has accepted WO-S rejects.  There is a reason they left WO-S and it usually means baggage or problems.  If they can play, they will stay there.  LC-M needs to change the entire mindset of the community.  It is tough to discipline there because this parent or that parent is friends with the Supt. or a board member and if you try to take care of an issue, you get a call.  The years that LC-M was successful, they had a great core group that worked very hard and understood how to win.  I think the expectation of the program is to be competitive and not have parent calls.  I don't know how many times I have heard that we produce good citizens here at LC-M.  If that is the measure of the football team, then don't get on the coach for going 3-7.  It all starts at the top and very few elementary teachers that move up the ladder in administration understand how improtant a successful football team is to a school, a town and a community.

Your right the ones at the top are so scared of a law suit it hurts. They want that warm fuzzy feeling and its no good for anyone.

I bet you could count on ONE hand how many players leave LCM for WOS.  It's usually the other way around and they don't move out there either.  It has baffled me for years how they are able to stay in school and play out there against UIL rules.  no one enforces it.  But let a top-notch player move in from say, West Brook, (just for example) and LCM will be the first to try to investigate where the player lives, who he lives with, etc.

Losing is just as contagious as being winners; The thinking in the whole community must change. I know what a loser look like ;D I see some of the best athletes go through the pain of losing due to low expectations.The mental aspect of the game has to be won 1st. The coaches should show more faith in the kids by first raising their expectations and giving them more responsibilities(challenges or goals) and holding them accountable for the work they put in.This formula changes attitude and promotes changes within each individual.

It hasn't always been that way........There have been some great disciplinarians come through there.......Guys who didn't care about what Johnny Moneybags (not that there is any real money in LC-M, just wannabe') had to say.......They did what was right for the team and worked with kids to make sure they conformed to what was expected........

I am not sure there will be any success until the community quits acting spoiled and they develop a "closed door" policy on WO-S transfers......You want to play for LC-M, you better live there with your guardian......If you always take WO-S reject, you will never have their respect.......or the respect of the area

There are many reasons that LCM is not coming out on top this year....but in my opinion there are a couple of big ones. No matter how hard your players play (which i think is not a problem) you can't make anything happen when you have bad playcalling. For example, for anyone who has ever been to a LCM game knows that we give the ball to the opposite team on the 45 yard line everytime with that little squib kick coach moody wants to do. We know the boy can kick we saw it at PNG...he booted it out of the endzone. Let him kick and give your defense a chance...as for playcalling, run run run run run run pass run run run run...thats coach moody's playbook. We have receivers and a QB, let them at least try to do it. All we did was run the ball in the 4th quarter against nederland and we were down by 28!!!! Sounds like the players are not the ones with no faith in the program its coach moody...but all the same...LCM needs to find out whats wrong quick. Ill always bleed green and gold though no matter what. BOJO

pretty close to hitting the nail on the head with that one.  i would have to add that within the district as long as everything looks good on the outside, to the public, then all is well... ::)

Guest catfever

A kid by the name of Earl Thomas went to LCM for a year.  His 8th and 9th grade year to be exact.  I am sure that WOS didn't call him a qutter for leaving.  His brother Seth came over also.  Randall Guillory in basketball played at LC-M for a year as well.  A kid by the name of Josh Chagiois came over and stayed about 6 years ago.  He was all LCM had at the time.  This is just to name a few.  There are probably more.

A kid by the name of Earl Thomas went to LCM for a year.  His 8th and 9th grade year to be exact.  I am sure that WOS didn't call him a qutter for leaving.  His brother Seth came over also.  Randall Guillory in basketball played at LC-M for a year as well.  A kid by the name of Josh Chagiois came over and stayed about 6 years ago.  He was all LCM had at the time.  This is just to name a few.  There are probably more.

Bottom line is...all of these kids LIVE in the WOS district.

they wont be in my playoff prediction next year, too many of their best players graduating.

The season is not over yet. I say they beat Lumberton tommorow night everyone charge the field and take down the goal post...party at LCM tommorow night Whooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quincy Pilate moved fromm LCM his jr. or sr. year Ladarius White moved his sr. year young man named James haynes went to LCM 7 and 8th grade and moved his 9th., all I can think of right now.

The season is not over yet. I say they beat Lumberton tommorow night everyone charge the field and take down the goal post...party at LCM tommorow night Whooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

just don't touch the scoreboard...it might cause the bear graphic to emit that awful sound that passes as a growl.. ;D

just don't touch the scoreboard...it might cause the bear graphic to emit that awful sound that passes as a growl.. ;D

At the WO-S game, we all concurred that it sounds like a gay guy going oooOOOOOOooooh! (Then we discovered that big, hairy gay guys are known as "bears." WOW! It could be a whole new image! But, according to the team's entrance music this year, I'm way behind on this one (meaning last to know, not "bringing up the rear." ugh).

At the WO-S game, we all concurred that it sounds like a gay guy going oooOOOOOOooooh! (Then we discovered that big, hairy gay guys are known as "bears." WOW! It could be a whole new image! But, according to the team's entrance music this year, I'm way behind on this one (meaning last to know, not "bringing up the rear." ugh).

::) WOW!!!!  This could be the most offensive post towards a team I have ever read on this site.  CLASSY!!!!  Good job 92

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami