WB vs Humble/21-5A championship predictions

Every week I look at WB games and think, " man, we aren't that good.   Too many penalties, Too many passing yards, etc."  Then I look at the final score and we won by two or three touchdowns.  I just don't know what to think about this team.  They could go two and out or they could go a long ways.  i think they have that kind of talent.  Should handle Humble easily.   WB  35  Humble  14

You know, Ive thought the same thing. It's like on Friday's I watch the team and think, "man, we are gonna lose the first round." Then, we do something right and we win with a score that's not even close! Then after I've had time to reflect on the game, I think, maybe we are OK! I still haven't decided if we're that good, or if our competition is that bad. I think we're getting better every week. It's like another poster said, the only team that's gonna stop WB, is WB. I think we can win as many games as our guys want to. A good team will find a way to win on a bad night. A bad team will find a way to lose on a good night. I think we will go as long as this team wants to!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true, but I dont know if we can afford to give up the big plays and still recover against some of the teams we're gonna see in the playoffs. Look at the records for teams we've played thus far....the only team with a winning record that we've played this far is Spring Westfield, and we lost. This game on Friday night will really give us a good indication as to where we actually are, and how far we might go in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I don't think anybody has really challenged this WB team yet as we've been able to beat most teams with relative ease. I think Friday night's game will tell us alot.

I have seen several teams this year in person and on tv.  I believe when our team is playing up to their talent level and potential they are capable of beating any team in the state.  I think this team is better than last years and should make some noise in the playoffs.

Every week I look at WB games and think, " man, we aren't that good.  Too many penalties, Too many passing yards, etc."  Then I look at the final score and we won by two or three touchdowns.  I just don't know what to think about this team.  They could go two and out or they could go a long ways.  i think they have that kind of talent.  Should handle Humble easily.  WB  35  Humble  14

It isnt about the talent your bearing, its the discipline you show.  Will WB be able to beat Katy... The Answer is...No, not at this point.  WB makes far to many mistakes and penalties, and against good defenses and offensive units you cant do that.  Katy will take those mistakes, capitalize...and win..by a large margin.  West brook has always had great athletes, the problem lies in the discipline level...overall, individual player execution.  The playoff is a different animal all together... You wont be playing teams 2 rounds in that are awful, no...you'll be playing teams that most likely can either handle the athletic talent that Westbrook brings.

Im not trying to talk down, or be annoying...its just an unbiased opinion.

Katy is the No. 1 5A team in the state and rightfully so, but there are some chinks in that armor.  Cinco Ranch had some big plays in the running game and Hastings had some big plays in the passing game.  Katy has yet to face a team that does both well.  West Brook does both very well.  Im not saying that we would beat Katy easily, but I am saying that we would be a very formidable opponent for the Tigers.

Katy is the No. 1 5A team in the state and rightfully so, but there are some chinks in that armor.  Cinco Ranch had some big plays in the running game and Hastings had some big plays in the passing game.  Katy has yet to face a team that does both well.  West Brook does both very well.  Im not saying that we would beat Katy easily, but I am saying that we would be a very formidable opponent for the Tigers.

You cant compare what you have seen during the season to what Katy does in the playoffs.  any one that has ever followed Katy knows that they use the season pratically to get warmed up for the playoffs... In playoff form, Westbrook scores no more then 14 on Katy...far to undisiplined to seriously match up with a program that is scores better then pretty much every team in Houston...Especially with so many returning starters from a regional final team.

You cant compare what you have seen during the season to what Katy does in the playoffs.  any one that has ever followed Katy knows that they use the season pratically to get warmed up for the playoffs... In playoff form, Westbrook scores no more then 14 on Katy...far to undisiplined to seriously match up with a program that is scores better then pretty much every team in Houston...Especially with so many returning starters from a regional final team.

you know guys, HUM398 has alot of very valid points. But I've said it before and I'll say it again. It takes a good team to make the playoffs, and an even luckier one to make a deep playoff run. At this point in the season, I'd rather be lucky than good. Cause the best team doesn't always win, usually the luckiest one does. With that being said, I like our chances in the postseason. If we get to play Katy again, we may not win, but the Tigers will know we were there. WB will continue to put competitive teams together in upcoming seasons. This may or may not be our year, but they cant keep us down forever. It would be neat, however, to win our second state championship on the 25th anniversary of our first!

Guest WBFan09

im really happy we are playing Humble the Brook needs this one badly....we need to make a statement and not only that see how we perform against one of the top defenses in the state...Bruins ya gotta show me something big here 8)

Guest Robert Plant

you know guys, HUM398 has alot of very valid points. But I've said it before and I'll say it again. It takes a good team to make the playoffs, and an even luckier one to make a deep playoff run. At this point in the season, I'd rather be lucky than good. Cause the best team doesn't always win, usually the luckiest one does. With that being said, I like our chances in the postseason. If we get to play Katy again, we may not win, but the Tigers will know we were there. WB will continue to put competitive teams together in upcoming seasons. This may or may not be our year, but they cant keep us down forever. It would be neat, however, to win our second state championship on the 25th anniversary of our first!

With all due respect to every poster for and against WB, why are we talking so much about Katy? HUM398 is stirring the pot a little but who's to say WB and Katy will meet. Lets encourage the players to take care of Humble and district first. If WB plays a perfect game, well then anything is possible.

With all due respect to every poster for and against WB, why are we talking so much about Katy? HUM398 is stirring the pot a little but who's to say WB and Katy will meet. Lets encourage the players to take care of Humble and district first. If WB plays a perfect game, well then anything is possible.

I'm not intending to stir the pot, merely using an example... in Katy. 

The most talented teams dont always win. and Westbrook in the playoffs probably won't face a team as talented as they are all the way through.  Katy has some nice talent, but the athletic level is no where near West brook's.

Guest WBFan09

I'm not intending to stir the pot, merely using an example... in Katy.   

The most talented teams dont always win. and Westbrook in the playoffs probably won't face a team as talented as they are all the way through.  Katy has some nice talent, but the athletic level is no where near West brook's.

thanks for the compliment HUM398 i really think setx produces some great athletes and thats one of our keys to success at the Brook...but you are right when you have a program like Katy its disciplined and has a recent history of winning winning winning thats when those athletes turn into players and eventualy one of the top teams in the state like Katy...still think we could hang with them though we need some fine tuning and we are set

Guest Robert Plant

thanks for the compliment HUM398 i really think setx produces some great athletes and thats one of our keys to success at the Brook...but you are right when you have a program like Katy its disciplined and has a recent history of winning winning winning thats when those athletes turn into players and eventualy one of the top teams in the state like Katy...still think we could hang with them though we need some fine tuning and we are set

Katy ??? Take care of Humble first! Then we'll see. It is fun to look at the what ifs. One week at a time now.....

Katy ??? Take care of Humble first! Then we'll see. It is fun to look at the what ifs. One week at a time now.....

again.  i was only using it as an example.  Im sure both Humble and West Brook are looking only to this game... Both teams want the district title badly..  Im hoping we have a good game, and that our stout D will come out and set a tone for a battle...

Guest WBFan09

if i was a football player i would agree with you but its ok for us fans to look ahead once in a while just saying i think we could hang nothing else...i am not looking past Humble at all i think its gonnna be a good game on Friday just stating my opinion about Katy

Guest WBFan09

Tailgate party/chili supper  tomorrow from 5:30-7:30 at West Brook.  Should be fun with good weather and a big crowd.  Come on out and watch the Bruins get after Humble.

no joke that is some of the best chili ever...it sellse out so quick im getting there round 615-630 just to be sure i get me some of that

WB will prove all you critics wrong like theyve been doing! GO BROOK ONE GAME AT A TIME.

What Critics?  no one said anything about west brook...and everything about Humble.  No one is expecting Humble to win this game.  id go as far as to say that, 90% of the Southeast Texas (Houston included) thinks WB is going to win this game. ...

If anything, Humble will prove the critics wrong.  Humble is the underdog in this match up...and rightfully so.  We are far less impressive then our WB counterparts on the offensive side of the ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01