*PN-G 31 Lumberton 24 Final/Comments*

Guest pngpurplenwhite

Hats off to the Indians.  They executed a near perfect game plan.  Tatums 13/15 for 189 was oustanding and both the offensive and defensive lines for PNG won the battle.  They made all the big plays and we missed way too many tackles.  That was some good Texas high school football.  Our defense made a stand late and gave us an opportunity.  We had our shot at the end of the game but didn't get it done.  Good job Raiders for playing all 48 minutes.   

The Raiders well get the L-train back on the tracks this week for the Ozen game.  We just need to take care of business each week and we will be where we want to be at the end of week 10.     

This had no bearing on the game but i thought rather funny!!! ::)

Being from the golden triangle i had always heard that officiating was biased in mid-county.  They lived up to there reputation when they spotted the ball 2 yards ahead of the down marker on what was suppose to be 4th and 1.  Tatum could have kneeled the ball and still got the first down based on where the refs had spotted it.  :o That was classic!!!     

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lumberton had most of the calls all night. There Defense was offsides on several plays. So before you start your whinning you should've watched the whole game!!!!!!!!!!!

An I hope #6 is ok after this Hemming hit

http://gallery.mac.com/cckmso#100290

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't miss a play PPW.  That's not whining dude, just stating the facts!  Had the coaches not pointed it out the refs would have let the snap take place 3 yards ahead of the actual down marker.  AND as i stated it didn't have an impact on the game.

The injuns won that game. it wasn't handed to them by the refs and that's not what i said.   

Guest maverick24

I know all the talk was about the running games bot thought both teams passing gaes were most impressive. The png player kept the one drive alive that ended up being the last score they got with a great one handed catch. I thought it was so impressive all I could do was stand up and clap. The RAIDER defense was in place to stop him and he dove out with one hand and made the catch, VERY NICE YOUNG MAN!

PS I don't think any true fans are upset with the REFS I have posted in every comment that the refs were good the players were good the fans were good png was just better than the L-TRAIN tonight. No one cheated anyone. The one spot he was talking about was I agree a bad one, where they first spotted the ball was right, then a T.O. was called and when they respotted it it would have actually been a first without even going for it on 4th. That is when they moved it back and made it 4th and 1 instead of 4th and 3. I dont think it mattered I believe that png would have picked up the first down anyway. I also saw kids on both sides jawing at each other and instead of the refs throwing a flag they would just get between and send them to their own huddle I thought they did a great job of letting the kids play the game, and IN NO WAY DID THE REFS CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF THIS GAME. Great game on both sides.

All said, sounds like this was a great game! Hope there were no serious injuries on either side. What can you say about the PNG program? They know how and expect to win.  Hope Lumberton can keep on track, if they bounce back strong next week, they should be fine. Congrats to the Indians.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder