Warren This Season?

should be the most competitive this district has ever been cause kountze is not as daminate as they have been in the past Ec will still be good but not quite as good and warren, hardin and anauac have all gotten better and deweyville will suprise some people but this district is a toss up will come down to injuries, grades and who wants it more. But as of right now i say warren will come in a close third 

I said this in a post earlier and I will say it again.  It want be as close as people think, Kountze and EC are the class of district with Warren a distant 3rd.  Outside of that no other team can even compete with Kountze or EC, because they are simply that good.  And thats not taking a shot at any other program, its just when you have 2 of the top 5 programs in 2A in your district its really hard to compete with that. 

Warren has 4 starters back off last years club and 7 of the top 8 returning.Kinney Granger and Jimmy Rawls were the 2 seniors on last years club.This years team strength will definitely be there ability to shoot the ball and there size.Paul Sims and Matt Andrews are arguably 2 of the best shooters in SE Texas.Travis Mcbee also shot lights out this summer.Add Caleb Swinney and Brent Nash and you have a pretty good club.They will also be pretty deep this year with Young,Riley,Huelett,Jennings and Swanson all getting considerable playing time.As a team the first 5 kids on this list shot 75% from the free throw line last year so that should also be a strength.They will be well coached by Cris Carter who has 2 trips to Austin,1 title and over 500 victories.Everyone tells them they can't compete but I'm not sure.Thats what makes basketball so much fun,throw it up and see what happens.

Whsalum, one thing I can't debate with you is your coach.  Coach Carter's resume speaks for itself. 

BTW, no disrespect with what I said earlier, its just my opinion and the way I think things will play out.  Good Luck this season. 

No problem Icky if we all agreed this board wouldn't be much fun.These kids have a lot of potential,they stayed in the gym all summer and played some real good competition.They won 24 games last year so I think they can be pretty decent.Chris always gets the best out of them.They will be fundamentally sound.Thanks for the luck wish,when your in a district with EC ad Kountze you can't have to much of that.

I think warren will be in the runing in they dist. they will come in the no.2 spot maybe 1st----this is the 2007-2008 season not last year teams. warren will have the best 5 kids on the court. good luck 2 all >:( >:(

are you serious ec has the best athlete in se texas in tramain and kountze has devin bray, jamesky saberon, and others who are going to demolish everybody that they play ec and ktz in this district NO ONE ESLE! the only team that ktz cant demolish is ec which will be a close bunch of games but warren come on they will have to battle to slip into third to much skill and coaching on the side of ktz and ec

are you serious ec has the best athlete in se texas in tramain and kountze has devin bray, jamesky saberon, and others who are going to demolish everybody that they play ec and ktz in this district NO ONE ESLE! the only team that ktz cant demolish is ec which will be a close bunch of games but warren come on they will have to battle to slip into third to much skill and coaching on the side of ktz and ec

I don't think he meant Warren had the best 5 athletes in the district,we all know Thomas is the best 2-a player probably in the state.Catman was talking about depth.Warren has 5 pretty solid players.I'm afraid you haven't seen the Warren kids play lately if you think this is gonna be a cakewalk for anyone in this district.Warren and EC is usually a pretty good game,EC holds a 3-2 advantage over the last 3 years and beat Warren by 10 last year.I may be wrong but I think that gap has closed a little with the graduation of Leday and Guillory.Warren and Kountze are closer than alot of folks think and Hardin and Deweyville are gonna be capable of having big nights also.Throw in Anahuac and this isn't a 2 team race anymore.And I promise ya Carter can coach with anyone in the district.

ok warren has 2 of the best shooters  in SETX Paul Sims and Matt Andrews and both of them are 6'4 those are the 2 best players but then you have Travis Mcbee he is a good player Brent Nash is a good point gaurd and Caleb Swinney is a great definder so all of these kids are verry good players and what he ment by Brey will be are best friend is this kid cant even stay in a ball game maby if he looses his attitude and learns how to lead a tem he will be good but until then he will do them more hurt than help

• 2 weeks later...

first of all, kountze and ec arent gonna be as good as they were last year, but  their still gonna be awsome. kountze by far took the biggest hit, by losing 4 starters, but kountze also had a great bench, wich will be playin this year. ec returns with thomas and vance, but then the warren warriors return with almost eveybody. warren lost granger and rawls, but they have robert hullet, blake higginbotham, brandon young, blake riley, and trey jennings(6-4) playin, plus, alomost the whole club from last year starting, i think its gonna be a close, and i mean close race in this district, but i believe warren will come out on top, but like i said, this is going to be by far the best district to watch in texas, no doubt ;D

???????????????, what happened to Warren in Woodville today???????????

I know it was just a scrimmage. 3 quarters played Spurger 52 Warren 20.  Anyone that seen this game give me your opinion.

Warren had no practices,  2 starter were absent and Spurger has been practicing since school began.  Give Warren a week or two to get the ends off the ball.  They will be O'Kay.  Woodville was in the same situation they were missing a bunch of players including the coach.  Spurger always starts great, they have no football.  It will more than even out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476