Starting Pitchers in Game 1 of BC Vs. BH?

BC starts Angelle in game 1. First, he wants a 1-0 lead. Second, history teaches us that most of his games only go 5 innings. He could be ready for some relief work if a Saturday game 3 is necessary. Of course, Angelle only threw 3 vs. Kirbyville. He should be rested.

As far as BH, that is a closer call. If you don't start Hales, you might as well throw your #4 and simply give up, hope for a miracle, etc. On the other hand, throwing Hales and losing is an awful deep hole. Personally, I'd throw Hales and tell my kids to stand up to BC and all its hype. I'd also work all week on bunting and just putting the ball in play (hoping BC kicks it around some on defense).

BH could throw Hale or Barrera. Remember Barrera threw a no hitter in game three Vs. Silsbee. BH has a pretty decent group of Pitchers, they don't have a Angelle and no one IMHO is considered the Ace on this team. BH has about 4 pitchers that all are pretty close in skill.

Guest Jody

BH could throw Hale or Barrera. Remember Barrera threw a no hitter in game three Vs. Silsbee. BH has a pretty decent group of Pitchers' date=' they don't have a Angelle and no one IMHO is considered the Ace on this team. BH has about 4 pitchers that all are pretty close in skill.[/quote']

Agreed. At least 3 of the 4 are so close in quality, there is no real difference. When one is off a little another takes his place. If their breaking pitches are hitting the spots, they can all be quite good.

BHFAN wrote:

BH could throw Hale or Barrera. Remember Barrera threw a no hitter in game three Vs. Silsbee. BH has a pretty decent group of Pitchers' date=' they don't have a Angelle and no one IMHO is considered the Ace on this team. BH has about 4 pitchers that all are pretty close in skill.

Ok well i was at the game and there was no no hitter. Silsbee had at least 1 maybe 2 hits! Its time to wake up buddy.[/quote']

Seems like Silsbee did have an infield hit. So give them one.

BHFAN wrote:

BH could throw Hale or Barrera. Remember Barrera threw a no hitter in game three Vs. Silsbee. BH has a pretty decent group of Pitchers' date=' they don't have a Angelle and no one IMHO is considered the Ace on this team. BH has about 4 pitchers that all are pretty close in skill.

Ok well i was at the game and there was no no hitter. Silsbee had at least 1 maybe 2 hits! Its time to wake up buddy.[/quote']

I was not at the game, so I'm reporting what the BHSports report said. Below is what was written. one hit or no hit Barrera shut the Tigers down!

"Though Barrera had lots of runners on base at various times, he did not give up a hit (according to my book keeping; official scorer gave someone a hit that I some how missed). "

• 3 years later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed