Texas A&M Basketball

20FAN07

Gillispie really did do a great job in turning our program around. You can't do anything but thank him for it, but him leaving the way he did, left the A&M faithful with a sour taste in our mouth. I wish the best of luck to him, but dang he left ALOT of talent in College Station. People are going to be really impressed in the depth they have this year. They have a freshman thats 7 ft, jone's whose 6-9 (i believe) theres 4 all together that are over 6-8/6-9. The things they will have to work on a little bit will be the point gaurds, but were in good hands with kirk, sloan, carter, and holmes they will work it out. Also, Nathan walkup will be interesting to watch. But all this means squat until they show they can work and play together. Should be interesting when it all starts up, Kansas will be good aswell as Texas and Tech. And out of conference, Louisville will be a force that will be fun to watch.

• 4 weeks later...

Having watched the first exhibition game, I will say that there are major style differences between the way this team plays under Turgeon and the way Gillispie had them playing last year.

They are much more focused on playing offense and much more active (screens, picks, etc.) than the stand around offense last year.  Much of the offense last year was the result of forcing turnovers and getting transition baskets.  The defensive pressure this year seems to have been cut in half.

We will see how it plays out during the season, but they have a lot of potential.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder