great nederland recievers of the recent past.

Guest christglorified

Guest christglorified

Where are sean yoder and jake askew? We all know that atterberry is toiling around w the drillers and bucs and not much els but what about yoder and askew? I played with askew foe the short time i was at etbu but havent spoken to him since. Any info is apprecuated

i'm sure yoder is around.my favorite nederland players to watch were yoder and butler(yes titan had favorite nederland players).i liked when ricky wilson had put the clamps on yoder,until yoder went to the backfield. then yoder would watch ricky wilson.that was a fun match up to watch.

Guest abovetherim

Yea, I liked Butler.  He was the only player on the field that was on the same level as the other teams 4.5 and 4.4 sprinters.  This kid was everywhere!

My son plays on the same 8th grade team a Butler's younger brother (Central Middle School) in Nederland. His little brother has some speed too. 

Yoder is manager at Sanderson's restaurant. I have no idea what Askew is doing now. Butler's parents sit next to me at the home games and he is punting at a very good JUCO, the name is slipping my mind at the moment.

I wonder if Butler has the same green light on punts that he had with Nederland. I really don't know how many he ran for 1st downs, but it was a lot.

I think Yoder and Askew mirrored each other. I saw Yoder run two consecutive punts back for TDs. Atterberry had the skills and head for the game, but...oh well. I miss that guy. He was really good.

I wonder if Butler has the same green light on punts that he had with Nederland. I really don't know how many he ran for 1st downs, but it was a lot.

I think Yoder and Askew mirrored each other. I saw Yoder run two consecutive punts back for TDs. Atterberry had the skills and head for the game, but...oh well. I miss that guy. He was really good.

Yes he did.  IMO, he might be the best of all other mentioned.

baddog im good friends wit butlers  cousin and he said that the coach dosent let him do the running punt thing anymore the coach said that it was jus a bunch of high school c&¡p

Yeah, probably so, but Butler made it work. I commend all these great receivers for playing full out on every play and giving us some great plays to remember. Some were award winning players and some were nominated. This is a great thread. I don't give a flip what anyone else thinks about it. After all, it is in the "high school football" forum with a thread topic stating that it is about Nederland receivers. Anyone who doesn't like it, feel free to go elsewhere.

Butler was a player, and even better coin flipper. 

Yep, he got us into the playoffs with a coin flip.

Butler was the most complete player that I have ever seen. Offense, defense, kick offs, field goals, punts with either foot and while running full speed, great hands, fastest player on the field, from running back to wide out, kick off returns, punt returns.... what did he not do?

We have all seen some multi-talented players that play offense and defense but this guy did it all. Did he ever come off of the field?

Yep, he got us into the playoffs with a coin flip.

Butler was the most complete player that I have ever seen. Offense, defense, kick offs, field goals, punts with either foot and while running full speed, great hands, fastest player on the field, from running back to wide out, kick off returns, punt returns.... what did he not do?

Didn't Ryan even drive the bus to away games?  ;D

We have all seen some multi-talented players that play offense and defense but this guy did it all. Did he ever come off of the field?

Butler is at Trinity Valley Comminity College and as of last year he still had the green light on punts. However, this year they have a new coach and he must have stopped it. Had a nephew that played with him last year and said that Butler's conversion rate was probably around 99%.

Guest kingme2007

Joey Rand was pretty damn good.  He threw good blocks on run plays and rarely dropped pases.  Galassi hardly ever missed a ball that hit his hands, either.  (GodRestHisSoul)

Butler is at Trinity Valley Comminity College and as of last year he still had the green light on punts. However, this year they have a new coach and he must have stopped it. Had a nephew that played with him last year and said that Butler's conversion rate was probably around 99%.

Ryan's grandpa told me there was a chance that he may end up at Sam Houston State next season. He has been punting only, but he is such a great athlete. I would love to see him get a chance somewhere as a slot receiver. Todd Dodge, are you reading?!  ;D

Guest abovetherim

Ryan's grandpa told me there was a chance that he may end up at Sam Houston State next season. He has been punting only, but he is such a great athlete. I would love to see him get a chance somewhere as a slot receiver. Todd Dodge, are you reading?!  ;D

No, please not Sam Houston State! Naw just kidding, best of luck to Ryan where-ever he ends up finishing his athletic and academic career.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fgzfdgvxv
    Newest Member
    fgzfdgvxv

• Final 1A top-10 list (From THSB): Final 1A Top 10 Rankings 1Ira (24-0) 2Fayetteville (18-5) 3Chester (24-11) 4Abbott (16-11-1) 5D’Hanis (21-7) 6Neches (19-13) 7Dodd City (16-7) 8Morton (15-7) 9Electra (19-5) 10Brookeland (16-3)     Chester and Brookeland making the list.  Pretty good showing for the 24-2A district.  Congratulations to the Yellowjackets of Chester and The Wildcats of Brookeland.
    • Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
  • Topics