UT BBall!

I think they will miss Thomas this year but what do you all think about this team? 

Most likely starting five highlighted?

3 A.J. Abrams 5-11 155 Jr.-2L G Round Rock, TX (McNeil)

32 Connor Atchley 6-10 226 Jr.-2L F/C Clear Lake, TX (Clear Lake)

14 D.J. Augustin 6-0 180 So.-1L G New Orleans, LA (Brother Martin) 2 Dogus Balbay 6-0 176 Fr.-HS G Istanbul, Turkey (Brewster Academy [NH])

53 Clint Chapman 6-10 245 Fr.-HS F/C Canby, OR (Canby)

21 Matt Hill 6-10 243 So.-1L F/C Lincoln, NE (Southeast)

5 Damion James 6-7 230 So.-1L G/F Nacogdoches, TX (Nacogdoches)

1 Gary Johnson 6-7 247 Fr.-HS F Houston, TX (Aldine)

4 J.D. Lewis 6-1 173 Sr.-2L G Amarillo, TX (Midland [TX] College)

24 Justin Mason 6-2 198 So.-1L G Amarillo, TX (Palo Duro)

22 Ian Mooney 6-3 235 Sr.-1L F Austin, TX (Saint Louis University)

34 Dexter Pittman 6-10 299 So.-1L C Rosenberg, TX (Terry)

23 Harrison Smith 6-2 213 So.-1L G Houston, TX (Jones)

15 Alexis Wangmene 6-7 241 Fr.-HS F/C Maroua, Cameroon (Blair Academy [NJ])

• 5 weeks later...

You think they'll miss thomas??? What about Durant? Not too many people had an opportunity to shine with him on the floor.

it's tough to tell.  some of the talent wasn't on display last year, that's for sure.  who knows how well some of the backups and new freshman will fill in.

Augustin from the boot is lights out. In my opinion, he's the best player that UT has this year unless one of the freshman is better. I watched him last year and he is going to be an elite player.

Augustine is the catalyst... by far the best player and all the other guys are solid..  Thomas is on the way to being cleared and he is an animal.  Augustine can be lights out from the arc, hopefully his short game is better this year.  Conner has improved every yerar.  Pittman will be a star one day, his work ethic proves it.  Mason will be better as well as the new big men.  But! Watch out for Damion James...  He might be the best player... This kid averaged 26 pts, 11 rebounds, and 9 blocks a game as a senior in high school!  As he gets more comfortable at the three position he could honestly be the best play they have!!!

If there starters from this year stay till next year Texas WILL win a national championship

Ha Ha Ha. . .I am an aggie supporter and I think the Big 12 is extremely competitive. But no Big 12 team will ever win a basketball national championship as long as the ACC and the SEC are in existence. Those divisions have a monopoly on mens college basketball.

I think Kansas has a legit shot at winning a national championship

AHA Point taken. . .Kansas has slipped my mind. I would agree with you on that one. They definitely have a chance at it depending on th year. They still normally get edged out in the end, but you are correct on the legitimacy of their chances.

Ha Ha Ha. . .I am an aggie supporter and I think the Big 12 is extremely competitive. But no Big 12 team will ever win a basketball national championship as long as the ACC and the SEC are in existence. Those divisions have a monopoly on mens college basketball.

I somewhat agree with you, but i'd say that over the past five years Texas, aTm, and Kansas have all had teams capable of winning a championship.  Now i certainly agree with you that it might not have been likely, but they all had teams that could've beaten anyone at anytime.  (also, wasn't OK State really good for awhile?)

The PAC 10 and Big East will be better than the SEC and the ACC this year...  The SEC, PAC10, ACC, Big East, and Big ten all have 10 total championships with the Big twelve only owning 4!  It is the Big 12 time soon!

1990 UNLV (35-5)

1991 Duke (32-7)

1992 Duke (34-2)  

1993 North Carolina (34-4)

1994 Arkansas (31-3)

1995 UCLA (31-2)

1996 Kentucky (34-2)

1997 Arizona (25-9)

1998 Kentucky (35-4)

1999 Connecticut (34-2)

2000 Michigan St. (32-7)

2001 Duke (35-4)

2002 Maryland (32-4)

2003 Syracuse (30-5)

2004 Connecticut (33-6)

2005  North Carolina  (33-4)

2006  Florida  (33-6)

2007  Florida  (35-5)

I somewhat agree with you, but i'd say that over the past five years Texas, aTm, and Kansas have all had teams capable of winning a championship.  Now i certainly agree with you that it might not have been likely, but they all had teams that could've beaten anyone at anytime.  (also, wasn't OK State really good for awhile?)

And Oklahoma!!!!

Ha Ha Ha. . .I am an aggie supporter and I think the Big 12 is extremely competitive. But no Big 12 team will ever win a basketball national championship as long as the ACC and the SEC are in existence. Those divisions have a monopoly on mens college basketball

Well ur Kentucky team got destroyed by Gardner-Webb. Hope u dont think they have a chance.

Well ur Kentucky team got destroyed by Gardner-Webb. Hope u dont think they have a chance.

Yeah and MSU got beat by Grand Valley, and your wife probably turned ya down the first time you asked her out. It's still early. . .they're gonna get theirs. When you see me start a "GO KATS" post at the end of the season when they are in the final 4 don't be afraid to come eat some crow!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa