Midway Through the season

The only clear cut run of the table for 3A or 4a imo is WOS. They have beat the suppose to district champs in Kirbyville.

In 4A, I see only Ozen and Vidor completely out of the picture.

i think you can count out lcm.  in order to make the playoffs they're going to have to pretty much win out, and i don't see them beating dayton or nederland, and also they should lose to a much improved lumberton team.

Honestly,Nederland looks like the team to beat in 4A. They have been winning for years now , but it always seemed to be less than impressive.They were always a well coached team that didn't make mistakes and would make you pay for yours.But in contrast this team is very impressive. Could play deep in the playoffs.

Guest whoabroncos09

im pretty sure dayton will go to playoffs.

but may not make it that far.

nederland....

yes...they most likely will make it a long ways...

but i guess we will see when its time.

My surprise would be that Ned. is 5-0 and done so rather convincingly.  And it's not that I'm TOTALLY surprised, because I expected them to have a great yr. from the start, but after their QB was knocked out for the season and a sophomore had to step up, I pretty much wrote them off for the year.  BUT, in normal fashion for Neumann and Co., they've groomed yet another replacement and he's doing an awesome job.  I'm proud for him (and scared for PNG).  He's really going to be something in 2 more yrs.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I hope Dayton continues to nurture Greg Charles. He may prove to be our saving grace in more ways than one. Dayton is set to have a good run. I think Dayton could get to at least Round 2 in the playoffs but I'd love to see a Round 3.

The only clear cut run of the table for 3A or 4a imo is WOS. They have beat the suppose to district champs in Kirbyville.

In 4A, I see only Ozen and Vidor completely out of the picture.

How can Kirbyville be the Suppossed (sp) District Champs, when WOS hasn't lost a 3A District game EVER?? Until someone can beat them they should be considerred the District favorite year end and year out.

Guest piratefaithful

How can Kirbyville be the Suppossed (sp) District Champs, when WOS hasn't lost a 3A District game EVER?? Until someone can beat them they should be considerred the District favorite year end and year out.

That was Dave Campbell's magazine that picked them.

I dont put much thought in there rankings.they would have a team ranked in the state and the same team they would have them not even winnning there district.

Here is my opinion....there are a lot of good team in SE Texas, the problem is that they beat up on each so much during the regular season and district that it's hard to go into the playoffs full strength.

I agree, see my opion under the "strength of schedule thread"

Guest piratefaithful

Here is my opinion....there are a lot of good team in SE Texas, the problem is that they beat up on each so much during the regular season and district that it's hard to go into the playoffs full strength.

I dont know if that is the case.there is just alot of good football played throughout the state...Se texas is not the only place that there are good teams..when our teams make it to the playoffs they face some excellent teams

Guest whoabroncos09

i think that is true.

I will use an example regarding Stephenville's district.  Stephenville only plays against 2 teams in their district that are any good (aledo & Everman).  The other games they get to rest starters and heal any injuries.  The same can't be said about the district with Ned, Dayton, etc....that's a strong district in my opinion and although it prepares a team for the playoffs, it also can wear a team down. 

Guest piratefaithful

I will use an example regarding Stephenville's district.  Stephenville only plays against 2 teams in their district that are any good (aledo & Everman).  The other games they get to rest starters and heal any injuries.  The same can't be said about the district with Ned, Dayton, etc....that's a strong district in my opinion and although it prepares a team for the playoffs, it also can wear a team down. 

Good point

Guest whoabroncos09

this is a veryyy good point.

i have never thought about it like that.

Guest EagleFan01

Newton and WO-S fans are very similar in their beliefs and confidence. ;D

Thats because we know we are good!!!!! They raise us in Newton and WOS to be winners from the time we are born.....LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami