**Small School Game of the Week** Buna @ Kountze "THE CAT BOWL"

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love checking the prediction board for Buna games each week...it is always the same.  People getting on here and predicting a close game or an upset of Buna.  It has been Burkeville, Tarkington, H-D, Anahuac, and now Kountze.  Buna will continue to roll until the big game versus EC.  It is funny how none of the posters from these previous games ever come back on Saturday and admit they were wrong.  As for the Eaglefan...the smart Newton people came out of the scrimmage with respect for Buna.  Guess what catagory that puts you in?  You may not like their schedule, you may have everything inside you saying 'come on...this is Buna', but like it or not these boys can play with the elite 2A teams of SE Texas.

Good luck to both teams.  The way I see it, doesnt matter who you play.  A good team beats the teams they are supposed to.   The athletes have no control over who is on their schedule.  Good Luck Buna and Good Luck Kountze.

And doesn't act like they've just beaten the Dallas Cowboys when they do.

Good luck to both teams.

Newton is good. They always are, but automatically considering them elite is a bit smug. Marlin don't think so  ;D. This year, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Buna is on the same level as Newton.  :o .....   yeah, I said it. They are for real. That being said, I'll take Buna in this one 35-7. Kountze has a lot of heart, but they had better bring their A-game and their 4 leaf clover if they want to stay in this one.

Newton is good. They always are, but automatically considering them elite is a bit smug. Marlin don't think so  ;D. This year, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Buna is on the same level as Newton.  :o .....   yeah, I said it. They are for real. That being said, I'll take Buna in this one 35-7. Kountze has a lot of heart, but they had better bring their A-game and their 4 leaf clover if they want to stay in this one.

Wait a minute.  Newton has beaten Silsbee and Jasper and lost two close ones to Crockett and Carthage.  See the common theme of those schools?  All very large 3A schools.  3 of those 4 are successful and Jasper is still Jasper. 

On the same level?  Not even close.  Newton always looks bad in the scrimmages. 

But good luck Buna.  Keep having a great year. 

Quote; You may not like their schedule, you may have everything inside you saying 'come on...this is Buna', but like it or not these boys can play with the elite 2A teams of SE Texas.

You have to prove you belong with the best, just saying it on a message board carries very little weight with programs that have won recent state championships and multiple playoff wins.  Get a couple of good years in a row in the playoffs with more results than a one and done trip and then you can back up the talk.

Kountze is coming up with a lot of talent...The lions have a good team this year....have had a few set backs and stuff this year but they still got a lot of heart...with what ever the lions have this year will be built off of the upcoming years with the talent thats gonna be arriving soon...kountze is becoming a contender and its gonna stay like that for a while i believe...

Kountze is coming up with a lot of talent...The lions have a good team this year....have had a few set backs and stuff this year but they still got a lot of heart...with what ever the lions have this year will be built off of the upcoming years with the talent thats gonna be arriving soon...kountze is becoming a contender and its gonna stay like that for a while i believe...

I agree, I think this game could be closer than people think too.

go coogs, you nwont get anything out of EC fans until we whip their butts at their h coming, they are so living on HYPE and last year that the TV stations thought they would see a game in DV, talk about uneventful 4 fumbles and DV refused to win the game with plenty of oppurtunities to score and penalized themselves to death, I do think it will be Buna , EC, and Hardin in the playoffs, also in the north will be Newton , Woodville, and @###$ but Buna would probably play Woodville as big school,so probably wont see Newton in playoffs,Tremaine iis an awesome player,but appears to be the player,  thats just my OPINION.

Bleacher Bum have you been to any of there games???? There pretty good...

No, but I have some freinds from (don't hate me) WH.  They told me that Kountze did very well.  Not to mention everything else I've heard about them.  I saw them demolish Hardin last year and I know about what they lost, so...I thought they would be pretty good coming into the year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder