To the fans of JASPER

lsu_fan_07

You know, i registered for this thread alone.

Back when i played football (not 1984....that was my number), we had a different tradition, we won football games. I can't imagine the guys in jr. high are thinking watching my class go 12 - 4 in one season and they finally get their chance to shine and they go 2 - 8. Everything we did in the program was towards the goal of state. Now it's a winning season or district. I'm not making fun of the guys, because i feel for them. And i know within the next year or so they will be back on track.

As for this whole Kirbyville bit. There are good people in Kirbyville, in fact some of the kindest people i know are from K-ville. But you want to gripe about putting something on a senior video. Well, i am reminded of my Junior year when i came to the field house ( two days before homecoming which we played the wildcats) and on our fieldhouse was spray painted " Jasper Sucks"  and " K-Ville". And then after they won the game, the players did penguin slides on the bulldog on the center of our field and kicked at the turf to mess it up.

When i was in high school, i hated Kirbyville. I thought they were a bunch of classless thugs that had no respect for the game or themselves. I even hated driving through the town because it depressed me (though jasper does at times too). A  few words of wisdom to the people from Kirbyville, fans and players, enjoy the winning. But take pride and be classy about it. You never know when your next season could be a complete bomb.

As for the rivalry in general, it's fun. But don't let it take over your life. If you still live in your community and are active with boosters or have children who play, i can see you getting into it. But as for the people who are in high school, Jasper and Kirbyville, get over it, in a few years, hopefully you will be in a college that is at least 3+ hours away from your town and this won't really mean anything anymore.

Hook Em'

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey pastdawg84 love that post man.When i played 93-95 it was all about STATE not one game.If you beat that one team and go One and out in the playoff then what.I guess Kville can sya HEY At lease we beat jasper.But it has to be more than just beating jasper it should be all about STATE.Hopefully one day they'll understand that.

Pastdawg84, I really appreciate you post and I too thank you and totally agree.  I think that rivalry is a good thing as long as it doesn't become destructive or hateful.  We do all grow up and will look back, hopefully with fond memories. We all want to be winners, and they are for trying.  Good luck to Kville, Jasper and all the other teams....

Ok,i play for the jasper bulldogs. kvillecheerleader, your a cheerleader, not a football player, you have no idea what you are talking about. now to the people of Kirbyville, congrats to you guys for beatng us. ok.. now get over it. it would be a crying shame for you guys to have beat us and we make it to the playoffs and for yall not to. so stop worryingabout who beat who and lets just play football. kville and jasper need to stay focused because we have some big games ahead of us!

you must be one of those rednecks that drink beer and fart all day if you don't understand what kville-extreme said . come on now ?

I didn't understand it either. Maybe I should drink more beer and fart more and then I could understand it. Kvillecheer you still have the best post ever.

last year when jasper and kville played they hit kvilles aaron hazlewood extremelly hard and gave him a concussion so bad he had to go to the hospital..Well we didnt appreciate that yall played that play on your senior tape at graduation 3 times..in slow motion..SOO for this year...

DSC07555.jpg

;D boo friggin who.

Thats funny considering the whole thread is based on Kirbyville whining about Jasper having a hit on the QB from their game on their senior video LAST YEAR.

Guest kvillecheer

Well Jasper thinks that sense they have won stuff in the PAST YEARS that they are so high and mighty ? so why isn't Kirbyville allowed to talk about stuff from LAST YEAR ?? Could you please explain ? Aaron happens to be a good friend of mine and to see that kind of cruelty on the field is pathetic . Its very LOW of the school board to even ALLOW something like that to be put on a senior video. Especially play it THREE times in a row in slow motion.

Please Refrain From Name Calling-Jdawg03

Guest kvillecheer

Ther aint no pom poms in football 'mam. Its all about hitting. If its a little too graphic for you, take up golf. 8)

actually without pom poms a football game wouldn't be complete. AND theres a limit to roughness in football ? even i know that .