*SETXsports.com Rankings After Week 4*

KFDM COOP

Guest nostradamus

"Why? It's SETX's board, they can run it and vote for who they wish. It is not an excersize in democracy, it is a sports opinion board."

Why do you have to be consistent and realistic?

Well, if you want to be considered credible then you need to be and so do your voters.  If there is no creidbility then the polls are pointless and more and more people will not pay attention to them.  Polls will always create talk but, the more consistent and realistic they are the more talk will surround them.

..... If there is no creidbility then the polls are pointless and more and more people will not pay attention to them.  Polls will always create talk but, the more consistent and realistic they are the more talk will surround them.

Pointless? Yep, unless you are playing in the BCS, polls are pointless.

Consistency in a sports forum? LOL.. right. Read any number of threads on these boards and see the consistency and realistic rationale of arguments.

Pointless? Yep, unless you are playing in the BCS, polls are pointless.

Consistency in a sports forum? LOL.. right. Read any number of threads on these boards and see the consistency and realistic rationale of arguments.

i agree, tvc184, u get some karma ;D

Guest FPHS 78

I can tell you right now-I don't have a vested interest in either teama but I'll put a paycheck on Nederland not being better than West Brook!

That is absurd!  Nederland and WB play and I'll go WB (-20).  They barely lost to the #6 5A team in the state. 

I would love to hear real justification as to how WB is not the best team in this area.  PLEASE!

this confuses me.. They barely lost to the #6 5A team in the state.   Westfield? Westfield has the third best record IN THEIR DISTRICT

Guest Robert Plant

this confuses me.. They barely lost to the #6 5A team in the state.   Westfield? Westfield has the third best record IN THEIR DISTRICT

Do you think their district (Westfiled's) can be compared to Nederland's or Kelly's. Relax it's just a question. I'm a Nederland, Kelly, WB and Central fan. The polls are for fun. They mean nothing. If everybody has different competition and they do not go head to head, IMO W-L and stats mean nothing. Well, nothing to me anyway. I do believe that WB is the best team in the area but, probably only because I've  seen then the most in the last 2-3 years. I try to check out all these teams each year and try more than once. Most tend to support who they're the most familair with.

Guest FPHS 78

Do you think their district (Westfiled's) can be compared to Nederland's or Kelly's. Relax it's just a question. I'm a Nederland, Kelly, WB and Central fan. The polls are for fun. They mean nothing. If everybody has different competition and they do not go head to head, IMO W-L and stats mean nothing. Well, nothing to me anyway. I do believe that WB is the best team in the area but, probably only because I've  seen then the most in the last 2-3 years. I try to check out all these teams each year and try more than once. Most tend to support who they're the most familair with.

i was just wondering what 6th rank team he thought WB lost to?  5a or 4a district compared to Kelly?  apple/oranges  Kelly's tapps district s-u-cks..4 teams, 2 in houston one in austin....

sure, polls dont mean anything, but if you are gonna have em, unbeated are usually on top

Guest Robert Plant

i was just wondering what 6th rank team he thought WB lost to?  5a or 4a district compared to Kelly?  apple/oranges  Kelly's tapps district s-u-cks..4 teams, 2 in houston one in austin....

sure, polls dont mean anything, but if you are gonna have em, unbeated are usually on top

It's probably the 6th ranked team in the Houston area from the Chronicle...

These polls are just for run so everyone just calm down. I agree Westbrook is a better team than Nederland but Ned is ranked higher cause they are undefeated. This polls mean nothing it doesn't affect anyone's chances from entering the play-offs. All that matters is how good your team plays every week. Good Luck to all the SETX teams!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder