Women's NT

Newcastle

I got to see the rest.  Had another shot hit the post and knock away.  Keeper looked like a rabbit surrounded by a pack of wolves, horrible. USA has become the knock it long and play soccer team from what they were in the past,  which was a very disciplined knock it around type team.  disgusting ...  Sadly the scored doesnt  even give a good show of how much the Brazilians dominated the US.  Could have been much more.  The red card or second yellow was one of the worst calls in world cup history for sure.  However I do not believe it changed the outcome only secured it.  USA was not developing anything to score.  All the announcers kept talking about was " if you give the US women set pieces they will score so we need more set pieces blah blah blah.."  sad that our ladies team is now a team that needs set pieces to finish off teams.  DEVELOP some attack.  well enouph said. 

I was only able to watch the first half because I had a class at 8, but from what I saw, Brazil outplayed the U.S. in every aspect. It seemed like Brazil was always first to the ball, hustling EVERY play, making the attempt to advance forward instead of playing the long ball. Of course the own goal was a mistake, but I guess that was a sign for things to come for the rest of the game for the U.S. In the first half it seemed Abby and Lilly were invisible, they weren't getting any touches at all, which the U.S. needs to win. The defense didn't seem like they were there to play, Brazil kept getting passed the last line TOO much. It seems like the U.S. does fine in group play, but when the get to the semi's they find a way to blow it (against Germany in 2003) and now. Very disappointing for the U.S. But now i'm rooting for Brazil to shut down the Germans, tired of them winning,  ;) ;)

I got to watch the entire game last night...now im even more dissapointed.  Shark you are spot on in regards to the foul.  The US where on their heals from the opening whistle...and even though I knew the final score, I kept thinking Brazil is going to score again. 

Im still scratching my head in regards to the talent level that we sent.  Bon_Mot I believe made this same comment in regards to the mens side..."is the best we can produce in this country." 

I saw what I could of the game while drinking coffee and attempting to get two toddlers ready for day-care.

It reminded me of England in last year's World Cup or the EPL from about 10 or 15 years ago.  Abso-friggin-lutely no imagination.  Knock it long and hope for the best... The best being some sort of restart.  Are you kidding me?!?!  I understand using this tactic if you horribly out-gunned by your opponent, but this is US!  The defense looked confused and midfield was non-existant.  Abby W could get PT with the men's team, but the women NEVER try to get it to her feet!  No rythym.  No plan.  Sad, really.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa