How is LUMBERTON AHEAD OF DAYTON IN THE POLLS???

Guest football09

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would have to agree that Dayton should be ranked higher than lumberton.  Look at who Lumberton has played and look at who Dayton has played.  No comparision.  Heck for that matter I think PNG should be ranked higher than Lumberton.  Espically if we go on strength of schedule.  PNG has played 2 ranked teams and a Silsbee team that was picked to finish in the top 3 of their district.  I'm Sure PNG's players would have loved to play some rollover teams and have 3 wins under their belts too, but,  they played 2 solid teams to start and found out that committing 100% to the spread Offense wasent PNG's cup of tea !!!  They appeared to have gone back to smash mouth running but still have a very potent passing attack.  (OK enough for me on PNG).  Lumberton hasen't been challenged all pre-season.  As were most other teams have in this district.  So Lumberton its time to show everyone else that what you did to a bunch of freshmen teams can be done to the real teams !!!!!!!

Dayton wins big !!!! 

Guest maverick24

Well I would have to agree that Dayton should be ranked higher than lumberton.  Look at who Lumberton has played and look at who Dayton has played.  No comparision.  Heck for that matter I think PNG should be ranked higher than Lumberton.  Espically if we go on strength of schedule.  PNG has played 2 ranked teams and a Silsbee team that was picked to finish in the top 3 of their district.  I'm Sure PNG's players would have loved to play some rollover teams and have 3 wins under their belts too, but,  they played 2 solid teams to start and found out that committing 100% to the spread Offense wasent PNG's cup of tea !!!  They appeared to have gone back to smash mouth running but still have a very potent passing attack.  (OK enough for me on PNG).  Lumberton hasen't been challenged all pre-season.  As were most other teams have in this district.  So Lumberton its time to show everyone else that what you did to a bunch of freshmen teams can be done to the real teams !!!!!!!

Dayton wins big !!!!   

I THOUGHT  PNG FANS WERE SMARTER THAN THIS POST!!!!!!  Plain and simple Rankings dont mean anything in H.S. Football. But to explain to the Simple, You cant rank a 1-2 team over a 3-0 team no matter who they have played. USC played some cupcake teams in NCAA but they are still ranked above a team like Michigan who has lost games.  Just let it go and let COOP rank them like he wants its all for fun. After 7 games the Boys will rank themselves and only the top 3 in District mean anything.

Big School (5A-4A)

1. Nederland

2. West Brook

3. Central

4. Lumberton

5. Memorial

6. Dayton

7. LC-M

8. PN-G

9.Ozen

10.Barbers Hill

It's a great conversation tool. Will it change, you bet. Let's look at the top 10,

I'm a homer but Nederland would have big trouble with WB. East Chambers, Newton and WOS plus Kelly could beat some teams on this list. WOS has beaten 2 already.

We will see how it turns out.     

The Raiders will put it on Dayton. You can come to the game even if your not from Lumberton. I invite everyone to come out and see the future (2007) 22 4a champs.

WHEW DUDE, YOURE OVERLOADING! :o  YOU A HEADED FOR A PAINFUL FALL, I FEAR. I WISH YALL LUCK.......

I'm not saying that they cant beat Dayton, but please, your setting yourself up for failor. People on this board have been to or played football games this year.  That means that most likely they have see Lumberton and/or Dayton play.  folks know what they're talking about.  It only seems to be Lumberton fans talking the nonsense.

If Lumberton fans predict a victory Friday for the Raiders why is that non sense? The way I look at it is they should go into the game with a positive attitude. Another thing most of you do not realize is although they had a weak schedule they still managed to blow them all out and had pulled their starters after halftime.

All I am saying is this is not the same Lumberton team from the past, do not under estimate them.

Guest band of brothers

You guys really believe all lumberton fans feel this way? are you kidding?,

i just can't believe you guys are buying into all this nonsense, especially the people (from lumberton) saying we are going to manhandle dayton. not all of us from lumberton share the same views, some are realistic in our approach to a game like this or this district for that matter. Dayton is a good team and it's going to be a dog fight for all 4 quarters, lumberton has to show up ....period, and if they don't, it's going to be a very long night. and if "I" were a betting man, I would bet that Raiders know this too.  

just being sarcastic---Lumberton is Cinderella and midnight is approaching

What if after the midnight bells ring and Prince Charming is making his rounds, and the glass slipper actually fits the Lumberton shoe?  What are you all going to say then.  I will be attending the game with cautious optimism.  I hope the Raiders win, but would not be surprised if it got ugly either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami