Deweyville vs Hardin Battle of the unbeatens.......................

Guest football09

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whooo Boy this thread is going to heat up by Friday.  I am exicted for my Hornets, sounds like Coach Haynes has gotten everyone on board.  I kind of go by what someone said earlier, D'ville's been playing some weak 1As so this will definitely be a BIG test.  I am looking forward to seeing this score Friday night.  I think it will be Hardin 40 - Deweyville 30

Guest TravelingBandsman

The only thing I'm worried about is that Hardin hasn't played that many strong teams in pre-district. Tarkington and High Island I know aren't the best of best, and I don't know about Groveton. West Hardin is the only team so far that I think would be a challenge for Hardin. That is a good A team Hardin was playing and they beat them, granted not as good as Alto, but still decent. Their district opener should be a good game. I hoping for a Hardin win so I'll be conservative on my prediction.

Hardin 21

Deweyville 17

Guest TravelingBandsman

Since EC has a bye this week, I might travel up to Hardin and check this one out.

I think it's supposed to be in Deweyville isn't it. I'm not sure. I'm going to Lumberton Friday after my classes to see Dayton play.

No, it is in Hardin...I think the Hornets will be looking to avenge their lopsided loss from last year.  To TravelingBandsman, Groveton is a very good 1A team...they beat WH in a tough game and beat Warren just last week.  Their QB and RB are really good athletes...I believe the QB is like 6'5" 210 or along those lines...  Like I said in a previous post, when trying to defend Hardin, a team will have to choose the lesser of two evils: defend the pass or the run....it is rare for a team to shut down both on a balanced team.  If D-Ville does it, then props to them...

to dvillepirate...

I could be confused as to what team he plays for, but Hardin did play a QB that was really tall and the football pads could have skewed what weight he appeared to be.  However, Hardin did play an opponent that had a big QB and I just happened to think it was Groveton's.  BTW, it doesn't take away from the fact that Groveton does have a good team.

o i thought you said hardins qb was 6 5 210

Not Hardin's. Groveton's.

Nolan isn't a particularly big guy, but he's accurate and poise. He can hurt you with his feet, but more than likely he'll throw a strike and get blasted, then get up and do it again. He looks alert and confident, but he'll take a lick. I was very impressed with this kid.

Man, from what I've been reading, Hardin is a different ball team from last year. I don't remember their JV being that strong, so they must have had one heck of an off season to improve this much in one year.If they are for real, and as good as everyone saying, then you have to give hats off for one heck off a turn around in one season. Can't wait to see this one. This may very well be for the third play-off spot, as Buna And East Chambers look tough.I still have to go with the Pirates in a close one though; 20-19.

Yea it's wierd how everyone bashes on Deweyville for playing A teams when Buna, Kountze, Warren, Hardin, and Anahuac have played A teams this year too... perhaps Hardin is jealous of us for making the playoffs the past two years? I guess we will have to go to the playoffs 3 years in a row to get a little respect.  ::)

Show me a post where anyone from Hardin has bashed DV...

Hardin is not bashing anyone on here. They aren't jealous either. This year its a whole different year, and a much better shot for the Hornets. The only thing said about DV's schedule was that it was easy. If they feel like they want tune up games then thats perfect. Some people are just posting their own opinions about how they would rather have a harder preseason to better prepare themselves for a tought 24 AA district. Good luck to both teams.

the thing i dont get is just about everyone in the districe had 2 or three 1 a teams on there schedule except ec. but they only talk about dvilles. maybe they dont realize we only have maybe 220 kids. when these other teams have 350 to 412.5  ;). and they  seem to forget we did beat vinton who has a good ball club.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa