Newton and Kirbyville

Hotrodg

I thought I'd make a new thread so the other one can get back to a discussion of JASPER and Kirbyville.

I am also in a mood to fan flames soooo...fun facts:

In the last 30 years  (1977-2007) Newton has played Kirbyville 27 times.  Over that time

Newton has won 24 games, Kirbyville 3

Newton has scored 926 points to Kirbyville's 219  (avg score per game 34.2 - 8.1 )

Kirbyville has been shut out 11 times, Newton none

Reflecting on this, I can see why Kirbyville fans inist on counting scrimmages as "wins".  (Still not sure how you "win" practice)

This years' K-ville team is much improved, but definately after this Friday we will have 2 reasonable comparisons. K-ville will have played Carthage and Jasper. Newton will have played them both, also. This will not be set in stone on who is the better team, but usually, neither is a close game between the two. This will, however, add a little legitimacy to ya'lls arguments.  ;)

This years' K-ville team is much improved, but definately after this Friday we will have 2 reasonable comparisons. K-ville will have played Carthage and Jasper. Newton will have played them both, also. This will not be set in stone on who is the better team, but usually, neither is a close game between the two. This will, however, add a little legitimacy to ya'lls arguments.  ;)

I don't agree with that a bit. Most teams get better by the week. We played Carthage in Week 2, Jasper had a open week and i'm sure they been trying to get their offense clicking. Keep that in mind. ;)

Does it even matter if Newton or Kville is better? We are not in the same district... if we were, then I would understand all of this.. but we're not.  ???

If you haven't lived in one of the towns your whole life, it would be difficult. If a disliked neighbor's dog soiled your yard every day and you stepped in it bare footed every day, you would dislike the neighbor, dispise his dog, and hate what you stepped in. Hint replace soiled with K-ville. ;D

I don't agree with that a bit. Most teams get better by the week. We played Carthage in Week 2, Jasper had a open week and i'm sure they been trying to get their offense clicking. Keep that in mind. ;)

I'm in agreement with balla here.  (Yeah, I know.)

I actually put little stock in the common opponent thing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476