**Bay City 15 WO-S 12 FINAL/COMMENTS**

KFDM COOP

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured we'd beat the bears, but wouldn't have been shocked at 1-2, so we're ok. It sucks to break a regular season streak, but better now than later (fingers crossed). The D looks really, really tough. That's always been our trademark, so we should be solid. Kudos to the Chain Gang on a great game (six QB sacks PLUS one forced QB fumble).

WOS still heavy favorite in 3A. Any offense woes will be fixed shortly when district starts. Your going to see that scoreboard light up.

From the pre-district results I see the Wildcats following the Stangs to the playoffs. After that, it's anyone guess for 3rd.

Pre-district results?? We'll be ready for Wos this year. I totally disagree with the word "following" in your little statement. I won't agree until we play Wos in a few more weeks. We are actually starting out slow considering we have several starters injured, but things SHOULD start to jell by the time district starts.

Our offensive coordinator needs to leave. He's a nice guy, but he's hurting us - and has been for about eight years. Without him, I can't imagine where we'd be. there's no doubt in my mind we would've gone farther EVERY YEAR than we did. We hadn't missed the playoffs (besides a DQ in 92) in 13 YEARS before he came. Since, we've missed them four times. That's four times in his eight years. Stupid playcalling is shooting yourself in the foot. Please bring back Toby and PROMOTE him to OC.

Our offensive coordinator needs to leave. He's a nice guy, but he's hurting us - and has been for about eight years. Without him, I can't imagine where we'd be. there's no doubt in my mind we would've gone farther EVERY YEAR than we did. We hadn't missed the playoffs (besides a DQ in 92) in 13 YEARS before he came. Since, we've missed them four times. That's four times in his eight years. Stupid playcalling is shooting yourself in the foot. Please bring back Toby and PROMOTE him to OC.

Hooks seems to be happy with him. Doesn't he call the shots?

Guest Bridge City Card

Seems like should have already been done!

Tonight’s WO-S game fan assessment...  Bad offensive play calling, idiotic refs, poor execution by the offensive line when it counted, BIG defensive and offensive line(s) for Bay City (Certainly was a factor on the Mustang offensive line all night). Simple reasons, in NO particular order.  The 'Stangs will be just fine when district begins, but still have a ways to go, before the teams gels (And it will).  The players, will have to continue to solidify their play / conditioning, and somehow overcome (once again) our OC’s child like play calling, as if he's playing NCAA Football '07 every game.  It’s ridiculous… ???

WO-S had MANY chances to score more points.  Of course, playcalling on offense could have been better...again.  However, we didn't execute at times, too, so it wasn't ONLY the playcalling that held us back.  The INT in the endzone, the fumbled handoff in the red zone, and the missed conversions on fourth down (3 or 4 of them) shot us in the foot.  The offense showed signs of their youth tonight, but we still should have won the game.  We played well enough to win against a strong 4A opponent, so I feel good about our chances in district.  By the end of the season, our offense will be ready for the playoffs (let's just hope the playcalling will improve).  The last two weeks of playing in wet field conditions hasn't helped our progress, but we'll eventually get to where we need to be.  The defense was terrific against an offense that has so far scored a lot of points.  Holding them to 15 and limiting their big plays was impressive. 

In the end, the "woulda coulda shoulda" doesn't matter.  We lost. 

Congratulations to Bay City.  You earned this victory.

Hooks seems to be happy with him. Doesn't he call the shots?

Maybe because he's Hooks brother in Law is why he's okay with him. We're tired of the family favoritizm going on at Wo-s. It's either coaches are related or sons getting starting positions when they shouldn't...enough is enough. I agree with the people that said playcalling has hurt us. How are you going to have 3rd and 11 deep in your opponents territory with not much time left and you call for a 25 to 30 yard pass in the endzone? You already know your in four down territory, your going to go for it on forth down no matter what, so why not get half of what you need and make forth down managable? So instead of having a forth and five, we ended up with a forth and ten which is very difficult to get. You have a young team and a young Qb who never had the pressures of varsity football. Don't put that kind of pressure on him cause only bad things is going to happen. Take what the defense gives you. I think if Hippo put a little air under his passes and let's his receivers run under them, then they will definately light up the scoreboard, because everytime he passes, our Wr's have a couple of steps atleast on the corners. The defense is awesome. There was a couple of times the offense went three and out and they still stopped Bay City from scoring. You have to give Bay City coaches credit for making a half time adjustment by putting Three Wr's on us to try and spread us out, which they did and got a Td. Wo-s coaches did a good job after that to adjust to that and keep them from scoring again...unfortunately our offense couldn't capitalize on their opportunities. They will be fine though, they got a taste of how losing feels and I'm sure they will work hard not to experience that again.

had we had a kicking game that was capable of hitting pat's and fg's both last night and in recent playoff defeats i feel we would have seen different outcomes.

I agree. You mean to tell me you can get all these offensive and defensive coaches in here to build a successful team, but you can't find any decent kicking coach to come here? It's like we've totally given up on having a decent kicking game at Wo-s and that's not good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476